or Connect

Posts by nunyabinez

Imagine this scenario. I create a magazine app and put it on the app store for free. Then I sell issues every month to all the people who downloaded it via a web link. What has Apple gotten from it? Nothing. What did Apple provide me with? A distribution channel where my customers can buy things from me that I don't have to pay for. Apple pays for the servers, the maintenance, associated with the app store and got nothing out of it. So, they say, "hey since we are...
iTunes hasn't used DRM for quite some time. Obviously, you haven't used it in a long time (if ever.) On my iPhone I have material that I purchased through iTunes, stuff from Rhapsody and stuff that I ripped myself. I can play my iTunes purchased music on any player I want. I also bought my mom an iPod nano which also has an FM radio in it, so I don't know what it is that is making you feel so self-righteous. As you said, use what you enjoy. Plastic electronics feel crappy...
I agree that there will be some kind of an agreement because it will be better for both to stay. My main point was a disagreement that it would be worse for Apple if Sony pulled out than it would be for Sony. And therefore Apple would be stupid to not give in. I also think that many people use iTunes as a way to discover music. You are right that if I am looking for a specific title and can't find it I may go elsewhere, but I might just be interested in cool jazz. So, I...
I have to disagree. Let's think this through. Say Sony pulls their content. How much revenue does Apple lose? Even with Sony being a big portion of the iTunes content, it's not like the loss would make much of a difference in Apple's overall revenue stream. Yes, it would frustrate customers who wanted to get their Sony music like they used to, but who would they be pissed at? Sony. Would anyone stop using iTunes for their other content needs just because Sony wasn't...
I have an 80 GB Classic, an iPad and an iPhone. If I think about where I have actually listened to music in the past six months, it has been almost exclusively on the iPhone. I know people who listen on an iPad, but I do more movie watching on the iPad and use the iPhone to listen to music on. Having said that, I have several times thought about getting rid of my Classic, but just can't bring myself to do it. It still is a very cool device and I love the option of being...
Plan to get rich: Step 1: Counterfeit iPhone & iPod Step 2: ???? Step 3: $$$$$! Wow, now I know what was missing from my plan. I hadn't planned to release the goods. Score one for Captain Obvious.
I love the way that my iPhone looks without a case. But I noticed that quite often it would slip off of things that I set it on. I have a glass desk and apparently it isn't perfectly level. I put my iPhone in the middle of the desk turn around to do something and plop. It lands on the carpet. I have seen this same thing on many surfaces. So, now it's in a case. I also had the unfortunate experience of dropping my iPhone on concrete. It was in a shirt pocket and I...
So let me get this straight. If I buy a product and I am not happy with the way it works, I can't complain about how it functions as long as it was specified in the manual? Alandil's point was in response to Jobs' comment that "Blu-ray is a bag of hurt." I fail to see how your response invalidates that comment. Maybe Blu-ray "has" to be that way, but that doesn't mean that we all have to just suck it up. Jobs understood that streaming was the future and that while...
Yeah, I checked out the link that MacRulez posted and it appears that Hef either didn't understand what the difference is between an app and an iPad optimized site when he tweeted, or possibly he did know and just got a huge amount of free publicity. I wouldn't want to bet on which of the two it was.
I think things are changing.Incidentally, I initially mis-read the name of the person Hef replied to. I read it as hugem......