or Connect

Posts by enjourni

The SSD rumor shows a lack of understanding about how OS X works. It would effectively mean that you would be limited in the number of 3rd party apps you could install, since such programs use the system-wide Library folder. For example once Library/Applications Support maxes out, you would no longer be able to install any apps that require system-wide library files. I could also see this setup confusing end users. "Where do I put my files?" "Which partition is which?" It...
Yes, but you don't see apple trying to take credit for inventing the phone industry.
I love apple, but this is not an "invention". Such systems have existed for years now. I could do the same thing today with an encrypted disk image and dropbox.
Do we expect windows apps to run on the mac (baring extra software like parallels)? Why should we expect iOS apps to run on Android or vice versa? The problem with AT&T is that they think like a phone company, instead of a computer company. Nobody cared about the OS on phones until the iPhone. Now suddenly we care? What happened to caring back when every phone OS was incompatible with every other phone OS? Another translation: AT&T is pissed that people are...
Um, duh? (1) Many people who were holding out for Verizon iPhone either gave up and bought an AT&T iPhone, or gave up and bought an Android handset. Those people are now locked into contracts they can't get out of without hefty fees. Eg people who want a Verizon iPhone but now can't justify switching. (2) iPhone 4 is now old tech and the Verizon iPhone offers almost no new features, other then the hotspot feature. Thus, no compelling reason to jump ship to it if you...
Let them sell it somewhere else. When nobody buys it there, they will come back to iTunes. If Sony doesn't deliver their music in the method people actually want, then either it won't sell or people will go back to pirating it. iTunes works because it's easy, convenient, and gives people an incentive to pay for music rather then steal (in contrast with most other stores and their DRM-laden cesspools.)
Honestly, I wish authors would just dump the free and $1 app + advertising model. If apps were $10+ then app authors would have more incentive to make higher quality apps. I would rather pay more and have less apps but of higher quality, then the orgy of free but half-assed apps we see on the store right now.
I'm not sure who you people are texting, but my friends don't exactly have a problem sending their text messages to a "Dan text" entry saved in their addressbooks Or just replying to the texts I send. Yes you have to explain it to them the first time, but its not like they have to keep typing in a special number. You get a dedicated phone number, save it one time and use it from then on. Simple. Plus the apps have push notifications, emoticons, picture messages,...
BTW, this offer from AT&T is still a rip-off, because it requires you get unlimited text messaging. Anyone with half a brain on an iPhone is using Textnow or Textplus for FREE text messaging. Which is the way it should be– text messages are data, and should be part of your data plan, not a separate $20 charge. This is essentially AT&T trying to trick people into paying for unlimited messaging, since they know if you have an iPhone you get get apps which give you msgs for...
US cell networks have always sucked compared to the rest of the world. Slower and more expensive. It's not even a little bit it's a lot, like 3 to 4 times as expensive (see http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10307726-94.html) I don't expect this will ever really change, too many people make money off of ignorant american families.