or Connect

Posts by AdonisSMU

I like the mag safe idea personally as it provides that balance of being able to charge and being protected against accidents.
I want this to do my development on.
For me, it's not a matter of If. It's a matter of which. I want to try out the space gray or the gold mac or maybe stick with silver since I'm a silver person generally speaking. 
People do many things they don't like to do. There is always a chance people won't like programming or will burn out and what not. You will have that regardless. There is no getting around that risk. I think it's a difference in philosophical approach. Rather than dumping money into potentially over priced institutions, maybe hiring minorities who are already in the field and then training them to succeed in your organization is a better use of resources....than writing...
Well my gripe is more that the companies are not investing in actual people. They are investing in programs. I'd rather see them invest in people. I think that is severely lacking in the tech world right now. Most companies want ready made products rather than actually trying to develop people. 
The politics can also work against a business. Eventually the people who are actually the brains of the operation leave HUGE gaps to fill. Currently, the guy you hired at 75k who was doing a ton of work for you will now have to replace and pay the next person 100k+ to fill that same gap all while wasting company time to find that person and get them up to speed on your system and how to work within it effectively. I myself can be brilliant or terrible at handling politics....
I don't agree. I love programming. It's very fun working with people who end up becoming my friend at one capacity or another. I also love the learning. 
Some people at a company I was hired at awhile ago quit because the sexism was so bad. The same thing happened with employees that are of a minority status. I think the sexism happens more often than racism in the tech world. However, many qualified minorities never get through the door because of things like "ohh we don't share the same vision technologically". The goal of diversity is to have diversity of thinking. If everyone comes from the same background it can be...
We need to disband the CIA and create a new law that states that our privacy must be protected. 
The dollar is strong right now vs the canadian dollar.