or Connect

Posts by AdonisSMU

I was with you until the very last sentence. Regulationsn exist for many consumer protection reasons. If you don't have some baseline standard that protects consumers from predatory corporations, you will have a large segment of people afraid to spend their cash and adoption of new technology would be much lower lowering both productivity and wealth.
Protectionism works in China but long term it fails and it would fail in the short run too if the US retaliated against China.
Why fine a company for what appears to be an oversight? Tell them to fix the oversight and move on.
http://www.nytimes.com/ Breaking news on NYT.
HP should've went with the Amazon strategy..buy market share first then raise the price. Oh wait they don't have any content for WebOS. They need to pay developers to develop for it.
Even though I follow the rules, I tend to think these rules are just a way for business to control people's social lives and control what people say and do outside of work. That line about controversial opinions is suspect and is way too broad for my tastes. People are always going to have gripes about their own company and to expect otherwise or expect people to hold it in is not realistic long term....and is generally not good for the work environment in general. Its...
Where did I say anything about an either or? I said money spent in the USA should be used for people in the USA. I see so many things wrong right here in the USA. The US government can't afford to run itself, yet I see companies giving money to even more unstable and corrupt governments of Africa who have so many human rights violations going on (killing off gays, mistreatment of women & religious minorities) it's not even funny.
The people in the USA spend money that should go back into making the USA a better place to live...in this case through the finding of a cure for HIV. It's not the duty of the USA or companies in general to be funding countries in which we have no control over how the money is spent in said country. I think if people and companies like Apple put in the money for HIV research we'd find a cure....since there is not business motive for actually finding a cure and there is a...
I don't understand whats wrong with fighting aids right here in the United States?
I was going to buy this but I'm glad I waited. The developers here at work bought Kindle Fire and no less than half of them have already sent it back to Amazon.