or Connect

Posts by bsimpsen

TSMC makes semiconductors, not finished products. So, it's unlikely they'd go head-to-head with Apple in the marketplace. They can, and will, produce semiconductors for Apple competitors and there is little Apple can do legally or practically to stop that.
How would Google "beta" the license agreements necessary to offer subscription streaming? That's what's holding up Apple.
The iPhone 5 home button assembly has only two contacts, as you'll see around 4:45 in this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEFNcu_IEE Those two large gold pads were designed to mate to springs on some other subassembly. The speaker connects the same way.   It's possible that they switched to a surface mount connector for assembly related reasons, and that the smallest connector in the family carries 10 pins, but I see evidence of more than two traces in the flex...
The speakers on my new 27" iMac sound considerably better than those on my old one. Still not good enough to retire my externals, but getting closer.
I do expect margins to contract, but I also expect manufacturing costs to decline on legacy products. So I don't know how to read this news. The volumes are small and the window of opportunity appears short. Eventually, I expect all Apple portable products to go Retina, with the last of the non-Retina machines slipping away with reduced pricing.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/01/23/apple-blames-1q-imac-supply-constraints-on-17-drop-in-mac-sales   Given that Apple explained the 17% drop as largely a supply constraint problem, I'm not sure the drop was disturbing for the reasons intimated in this latest story.
You are having difficulty, aren't you?
The $1999 price is an error. The MD101LL/A sells for $1199 at Apple.
  Fingerprint/Faceprint systems do not store images of your finger/face. They store a small set of "vectors" extracted from the image by the recognition algorithms, which are then encrypted. Even if you decrypted the vectors, you would not be able to recreate the original finger/face image. In addition, the "feature space" of a finger/faceprint is much larger than that of a typical password (which might be only six characters long, consisting of only letters and numbers...
Not true. Whatever angle the box's bevel is, inverting the box inverts the angle and the boxes stack perfectly.