or Connect

Posts by bsimpsen

10K must be a typo. No headquarters worthy of mention would be that small. Bill Gates' house is five times that size.
    Thank goodness if that means they're becoming more relevant to people who really care about people and their future.
    Well, if we're to believe that 20% of Macs are running windows, and 20% of Macs are infected with Windows viruses, then 100% of Mac Windows installations are infected. That simply doesn't sound right.
Good grief, look at gross margin, up 6% Y/Y to 47.6%.
Is it that 20% of all Macs are infected (implying that more than 20% of all Macs run Windows) or just that 20% of the unspecified number of Macs running Windows are infected?
Unfortunately this is wrong. Perfectly elastic collisions release NO heat. The durability of a material has nothing to do with its elasticity. Tungsten carbide is much more elastic than steel, yet shatters on sufficient impact. Mar resistance is dependent on many things, including surface hardness, texture and substrate resiliency. This explains why silane coatings on polycarbonate (think scratch resistant eyewear) are more mar resistant than the highly polished stainless...
The speed with which a thing becomes ubiquitous has no effect on trademark retention. As you note, it's up to the holder to be diligent. So why is there this sudden presumption that Apple will somehow let iPad slip away, but not iPod? I suggest it's the result of fuzzy thinking on the part of one person, followed by thoughtless parroting by people wishing to appear... thoughtful.
The iPod has been out for more than a decade, has market share greater than most expect the iPad to have in eight years and the trademark is still holding. So, why is there no worry over the iPod trademark? Could it be that pundits have collectively lost either intelligence or eyeballs over the last decade and will now grasp at straws?
I haven't run mine flat yet, but I expect the charging time to increase in proportion to the battery capacity increase. Similarly, one should expect the thing to run warmer than the iPad2. The battery is 42WH compared to the iPad2's 25WH, but it lasts the same time. So the power dissipation (and therefore operating temperature) must increase.
Yes, that's how I read it.