or Connect

Posts by Hodar

Apple has declared that they will hire people, not based upon their capabilities (ie. what they can do); but upon their race or sex.Apple then opens a store in a country that openly practices discrimination (ie. they don't like certain people) because of their race, or sex.This would make Apple a "Hypocrite" (a person who does the opposite of what they say is the right thing).
If "Diversity" is the most important thing on the agenda; then Apple should be hiring Israeli's to manage the stores in the region. I have no doubt there are extremely qualified individuals in the region. I mean, if it's good for the goose; it's got to be good for the gander.
In defense of Parallels - and I'm just trying to be fair. I bought my first version from Amazon for $49; Version 8. Luckily for me, I got this as the next version was released - so I got version 9 for free. Version 9 supported OSX Lion and Yosemite. With it, I run WinXP and Win7 Pro. Worked well enough. With the upgrade from MSFT taking Win7 to Win10 for free; PLUS the fact that a second major OSX upgrade is coming, I think the $49 to upgrade to Parallels 11 is more...
@sevenfeet When you recruit for a "specialty", you go to schools with a track record of delivering excellence in this "specialty". For example, if you want great Engineers, you go to schools that are KNOWN for their engineers, schools such as MIT, Stanford, Georgia Institute of Technology and University of California at Berkley. These schools EARNED their position. So sit and whine that they don't go to primarily Black schools is both racist and elitist. You are...
Their point is to obfuscate the complexity of a device, saying that because a modern device is compromised of a multitude of small individual pieces, and multiple firmware components - just because the overall scheme is an identical clone to the competition, doesn't mean the entire piece is a clone. This is like saying, I took a Kia with metric components and Kia engine/transmission and duplicated the body and paint to look like a Porsche - and that's perfectly "ok",...
 Could you source this problem?According to Xbitlabs this problem doesn't exist on Samsung 840 EVO SDD's as you mention. This is dated 3/10/2014
Created a Fusion Drive on my Mac Mini using a Samsung SDD. Have been using the Trim Enabler ever since Lion. Did the update last night, opened up a Terminal Session, and typed "sudo forcetrim enable" Got the warning, hit the "y" button. Told that it was successful and that the machine would reboot, hit the "y" button again. Waited ... after awhile I just rebooted myself. Got the pop-up that Trim Enabler wasn't turned on, but upon opening it, it said that it wasn't...
Part of the purpose of the Patent system, is to protect the inventor WHILE he takes his invention to the market. To protect an idea, and then sit on that idea and poach others who are actively trying to further technology, is the anti-thesis on which the Patent system is founded. Further, if I improve upon a patented idea, my improvement is a new patent.
I was prepared to order two units on Monday.  Just as soon as the Apple store opened - 2 new Apple TV orders were going to be placed.  Pre-orders if need be - at any price they listed (within reason).  But, since they are postponing the Apple TV, I had no choice but to order 1 of the 3rd Gen for $69 on Amazon (actually $63).   I will wait to order the Apple TV 4th Gen.  Just time to refresh the equipment.