or Connect

Posts by Hodar

I agree. Just a few weeks prior to the surprise "Bankruptcy notice"; the CEO had re-affirmed 4Q earnings. Quite a thing to unload tens of thousands of shared the day before Apple announces the iPhone 6 - and then re-affirm earnings; then postpone a web-cast at the last minute; then announce Bankruptcy the following business day.
The piece that people are missing, is that using Hyperion (ion implanting technology), the Sapphire is exfoliated - not cut - it peels off the ingot in thicknesses of about 10 microns. A single sapphire crysal thick sheet - not a full screen thickness - just 10 microns thick. This is then bonded with a Gorilla Glass type substrate. Benefits? Sapphire sheet is pretty much impervious, but as it's only 10 microns thick and flexable - it's not going to shatter when...
Google's systems are "far more secure" than anything Apple has. So, Google makes an "Open OS" in which everyone has access to anything the cell phone can do; and claims it's "far more secure" than a proprietary OS, running sandboxed applications, on proprietary hardware? In Schmidt's world, is Ebola some healthy elixer that promotes health, life and well being?
Oh, foolish me. I thought we were innocent until PROVEN guilty. If I ant to use PGP to encrypt my Hard Drive, that's my option. If I am accused of committing a crime, and you produce the warrant to view my cell phone - I have a very simple choice: Comply with the warrant, or go to jail. Odd, forced to prove your innocence, welcome to a "Fundamentally changed" America. It's just that simple.
I think Apple either didn't bother to heat-treat the Aluminum, or simply under-estimated what the average user will subject the frame to. There are a plethora of reports on bent iPhone 6+ AND iPhone 6's being bent from simply placing the phone in your front pocket. If the aluminum case were heat-treated to T6 or T7 specs, the case would be more than adequate "as-is". This is the level of heat treating used by the AR15/M-16 rifle. Try to bend an aluminum magazine that...
How can a company, as brilliant as Apple has demonstrated themselves to be; be so gullable as to believe that they are missing out on all the "benefits" of diversity? Focus on your key values, re-think how things have always been done, polish to perfection. Hire the best and the brightest. Sitting back and saying "we are not hiring inferior employees, and we need to do this in order to succeed" is fiscal suicide. Can anyone name 1 company that improved their business...
It doesn't even look like Jobs. Jobs, to the public, appeared with his signature mock T-shirt, glasses and a SMILE. This statue looks like it's angry. But the truly amazing thing is that out of 10,000 submissions; they chose this?!?! Seems like the board didn't like Jobs at all.
I have the current Mini; and the base i5 model is remarkable at this price point. I did opt to upgrade the RAM courtesy of Amazon, and was able to bump the RAM to 16 GB for ~$100. Add Parallels and Win7 Pro; and the only thing that really holds this back is the Intel 4000HD Graphics chip. So while the Haswell upgrade will reduce what little power/heat this device generates; the biggest improvement I can see would be improved Graphics capabilities. Consider, running...
Birds, especially non-preditory birds have various tricks for good depth perception. Pidgeons, for example move their heads back and forth as they walk, like they are peckin the air. Other birds, like ducks use a combination of moving thier head forward and back, as well as left/right. I'm unaware of any animal that has a removeable lense for this ability.
Just as Digital killed Film, a "light field" camera will kill the fixed focal length photography. There is nothing that the fixed focal length camera can do, that the "light field" does just as well; and many very neat effects that are available on the "light field" camera, that are impossible to do with the fixed focal length camera. Apple "gets it". The camera on the iPhone is disrupting the entire photography industry. This is the next revolutionary (rather than...