or Connect

Posts by Hodar

Umm, and the meat we are eating today is not sustainable exactly WHY? Has anyone besides me ever been in a real airplane? You know, you go to the airport, you go through security, you sit in a REAL AIRPLANE with a REAL PILOT and you go down the runway really, really fast and you fly? And has anyone ever looked out that little window? Tell me, did you see cityscapes from horizon to horizon? No? Golly, wonder what could be done with all that ground beneath you? Maybe...
Why couldn't I get an "App" that was nothing more than a year subscription to Comedy Central, or SciFy, Discovery or other TV channel for $10? I will gladly drop $150-200 on the channels I actually want; and drop my Comcast/Dishnetwork bill like a bad habit.
Yet, Apple keeps selling more iPods the soft economy. Could it be that the public is overwhelmingly REJECTING the Surface products?I know, instead of showing adverts demonstrating what you can do; how about some more dancing? Nothing sells a product like some dance numbers .... especially a product that has nothing to do with dancing at all.
When you buy your phone from carrier 'x' for $199 (or free) - the carrier is counting on you to fulfill your end of the contract. Once you have fulfilled your end of the contract - the carrier will (upon request) unlock your phone. I did this with my iPhone 4 and AT&T. The process took about 2 weeks to complete (for reasons I can't begin to fathom) - but, the process did UNLOCK my AT&T iPhone. All the phone companies are requesting, is that they be allowed to get the...
What are you really going to do with a Mac Mini? Chances are that you will simply read a book, or maybe watch a movie on the car/bus/plane. At this size, the odds of authoring email or doing a substancial amount of web surfing is probably not going to happen. This sort of activity would happen far more on a larger size screen - such as the full sized iPad. Thus, for the market segment that the Mac Mini is offered at, I believe it is over-priced - and that the bang for...
 Have you ever been on a boat, in the ocean?  Ever?  Maybe a small boat on a river or a lake?   Here's a hint:  Every ocean going vessel makes an attempt to avoid flat-shaped hulls, and minimize flat walls.    Why?  Certainly a flat wall on a hull is easier to make than a curve.  Certainly it's easier to build the sides of a hull flat, than curved.   Unless you plan on sailing on mirror-flat seas, a flat hull will aborb the imact of a wave.  Curved hulls deflect some...
Seems like it would be an awful sailing experience. Providing waves a flat surface means that the "Venus" will absorb nearly the complete force of each wave that hits it. The hull shape is a 'wedge' without a place to displace the upward energy of oncoming waves - which means that overall, not only will the crew and guests get to enjoy bouncing up and down, but they will also enjoy the sway of side to side - even in light to moderate seas. Instead of calling it the...
And there are several instances where the microUSB port has had issues with damage during the install/removal process.  The microUSB port is not a very rebust connection - hopefully this is all fixed with the new Apple cable.  Robust connection, and immune from many forms of damage (accidental or intentional) that has plauged many of the microUSB cellphones.
This could prove interesting. With dynamic routing of signals, the chips could communicate with the peripheral and deliver the protocol dependant upon the detected peripheral. For example, if the external is a speaker - you automatically transmit audio. If the external peripheral is a video component, then some flavor of HDMI protocol is used; if the external peripheral is a keyboard - then perhaps a serial protocol, if a PC is detected, then USB2/3 protocol. The...
Support the 3GS for freakin' forever .... But drop my iPad 1 after just a couple years.