or Connect

Posts by Hodar

Have you ever been on a boat, in the ocean?  Ever?  Maybe a small boat on a river or a lake?   Here's a hint:  Every ocean going vessel makes an attempt to avoid flat-shaped hulls, and minimize flat walls.    Why?  Certainly a flat wall on a hull is easier to make than a curve.  Certainly it's easier to build the sides of a hull flat, than curved.   Unless you plan on sailing on mirror-flat seas, a flat hull will aborb the imact of a wave.  Curved hulls deflect some...
Seems like it would be an awful sailing experience. Providing waves a flat surface means that the "Venus" will absorb nearly the complete force of each wave that hits it. The hull shape is a 'wedge' without a place to displace the upward energy of oncoming waves - which means that overall, not only will the crew and guests get to enjoy bouncing up and down, but they will also enjoy the sway of side to side - even in light to moderate seas. Instead of calling it the...
And there are several instances where the microUSB port has had issues with damage during the install/removal process.  The microUSB port is not a very rebust connection - hopefully this is all fixed with the new Apple cable.  Robust connection, and immune from many forms of damage (accidental or intentional) that has plauged many of the microUSB cellphones.
This could prove interesting. With dynamic routing of signals, the chips could communicate with the peripheral and deliver the protocol dependant upon the detected peripheral. For example, if the external is a speaker - you automatically transmit audio. If the external peripheral is a video component, then some flavor of HDMI protocol is used; if the external peripheral is a keyboard - then perhaps a serial protocol, if a PC is detected, then USB2/3 protocol. The...
Support the 3GS for freakin' forever .... But drop my iPad 1 after just a couple years.
Given the annodization on the black iPhone is ... well, black; it would appear that scratches and scrapes on the black iPhone would more readily show up, compared to the silver finish on the White iPhone. With this pretty basic bit of knowledge, I think I need to go with the White iPhone, so it looks "new" longer.
Good move on HP's part.  This is the correct step - because this is where things are going to go.  Use your cell phone as your computer - use some protocol to drive a monitor, keyboard/mouse; LTE to get to the net, and then some sort of cloud based storage.
Just one question ... how do you intend to source that 4K?    Internet won't be ready for the forseeable future.  No media - I question whether this will even be accepted by the public in any meanful manner.  I recall how 3D was presented, and it failed to impress. Blu-Ray isn't selling as hoped, either.    When HDTV's came out, they were in the $10K range - the 4K sets are coming in at $20K - so in maybe 5-10 years, the prices will be in the range that the average...
Ummm, are you aware that it only takes 4-8 Mbps to stream 1080p at 24 frames per second?  Thus, your present 802.11n will EASILY stream 10 devices - and leave you plenty left over for multiple streams of Netflix (which is still going to face a bottleneck at your ISP).
For what?  Perhaps commercial use, but the Apple routers are not designed for heavy industrial/commercial use (ie. Hospitals, factories, businesses).  Your best ISP is still stuck at speeds that make 802.11n seem about a decade ahead of their time.   Now, if you have a bunch of SSD's in a RAID configuration (you will not see sustained Gigabit datarates with non-SSD drives) and feel the need to stream more than 6 streams of 1080p video, simultaneously - then 802.11ac...