or Connect

Posts by Hodar

How did this manufacturing defect make it out the door? Final test should have caught this. In fact, a reasonable manufacturing process would have caught this immediately. When you mass produce anything, you have periodic checks within each lot; and manditory inspections at the beginning of each lot. Obviously, this didn't happen.
Apple's Iphone G4 suggests marketing wins over quality (http://www.glgroup.com/News/Apples-I...ity-49158.html) Jobs accuses Gizmodo of extortion over iPhone G4 (http://www.thinq.co.uk/2010/6/3/jobs...ver-iphone-g4/) I didn't make the G4 title up ... simply repeating what is in the press.
I can have between 2 and 5 bars on my phone when it's on my desk; as soon as I pick it up to answer a call (or make one), the bars drop to No Service within about 10 seconds. I now have the iFrogz case on it; it's much more consistent. Now, with the case, my issue is poor AT&T coverage in my work area. However, this does not remove Apple from having a design defect. As I have stated previously, I'm an engineer and have worked R&D for 20+ yrs. This was a Freshman...
As I see it, the lawsuit grows exponentially. First off, the number of customers impacted by an upcoming (potential) re-call grows with every sale. Secondly, and most importantly is the penalty phase. If Apple was made aware of a problem, yet persisted in selling products known to be defective - the penalty could be much higher than the cost of fixing the origional component.
Google is your friend. Why do you suppose that Gov't entities spend millions preserving emails? Why do companies have email policies? Yup, email can, and has been subpeonaed as evidence. What do you think brought down the Global Warming hoax? (Hint: emails). Why do companies like Intel have corporate policies of destroying emails afte 6 months? What do you think was the evidence the linked Intel kickbacks that barred AMD from competing in Europe? Hint: emails have...
1. Because the iPhone G4 WAS tested and reviewed prior to release. Now, a rational person would assume that Apple, having made several millions of phones, would be capable of making a G4 phone that met, or exceeded the cell phone functionality of previous generations. If you bought a Honda/Toyota that arbitrarily stopped if you held the steering wheel a 'certain way' - would you accept that? Very likely you would be outraged - yet you tell us that actually have, and...
So we should all shut up - until YOUR contract ends? You must think pretty highly of yourself. Me, I'm out a early termination fee from Verizon - because I believed the iPhone G4 would actually function as a cell phone. If I get my money back from Apple for the G4, I'm still out the money I paid to Verizon to leave - under the assumption that Apple could deliver a G4 phone that functioned at least as well as thier earlier products. Meanwhile, I have a cell phone that...
I'm not a lawyer; but this could be a case of false advertizing. I paid a penalty to leave Verizon (early temination) to switch to what a rational person would presume to be a fully functional cell phone. I now have a cell phone that does not function as a cell phone at my place of business - whereas my Verizon phone functioned perfectly. Thus, my damages not only include missed phone and missed business opportunties, but my early termination fees (which I cannot...
I don't think Stevie will get in much trouble. He's no idiot; he'll do the logical thing - issue a patch to the software that also fine tunes the face detection and maybe saves a bit of power. Then issue the patch, telling how this give the iPhone greater battery time and other miscellaneous software fixes - and ignore the entire antennae issue. Personally, as an engineer - I do not know why Apple didn't clearcoat the metal bezel, or have it annodized with a...
Apple's official stance was "There is NO problem with the iPhone G4". For Apple to admit a problem, will mean that they will be fiscally responsible for several million dollars worth of faulty equipment. If Apple continues to follow the "No problem with the iPhone tract"; then the only way to force them to the table to address the issue, is legal means. The smart response would be to neither confirm, nor deny an issue. Simply state that "Apple is looking into this". ...