or Connect

Posts by Hodar

So we should all shut up - until YOUR contract ends? You must think pretty highly of yourself. Me, I'm out a early termination fee from Verizon - because I believed the iPhone G4 would actually function as a cell phone. If I get my money back from Apple for the G4, I'm still out the money I paid to Verizon to leave - under the assumption that Apple could deliver a G4 phone that functioned at least as well as thier earlier products. Meanwhile, I have a cell phone that...
I'm not a lawyer; but this could be a case of false advertizing. I paid a penalty to leave Verizon (early temination) to switch to what a rational person would presume to be a fully functional cell phone. I now have a cell phone that does not function as a cell phone at my place of business - whereas my Verizon phone functioned perfectly. Thus, my damages not only include missed phone and missed business opportunties, but my early termination fees (which I cannot...
I don't think Stevie will get in much trouble. He's no idiot; he'll do the logical thing - issue a patch to the software that also fine tunes the face detection and maybe saves a bit of power. Then issue the patch, telling how this give the iPhone greater battery time and other miscellaneous software fixes - and ignore the entire antennae issue. Personally, as an engineer - I do not know why Apple didn't clearcoat the metal bezel, or have it annodized with a...
Apple's official stance was "There is NO problem with the iPhone G4". For Apple to admit a problem, will mean that they will be fiscally responsible for several million dollars worth of faulty equipment. If Apple continues to follow the "No problem with the iPhone tract"; then the only way to force them to the table to address the issue, is legal means. The smart response would be to neither confirm, nor deny an issue. Simply state that "Apple is looking into this". ...
Assuming you have the new iPhone and are not a fanboi - let's show you exactly how to replicate this problem. First, if you are in an area with a strong signal - you likely will NOT be able to replicate the issue. Travel to an area with 1-3 bars when the iPhone is sitting on a chair, or is in a case. Now, take the iPhone out of the case, and try to make a phone call. If you are in an area with poor coverage (shouldn't be too difficult to find in the USA - we are talking...
You said it. What did Jobs expect? This is parmount to telling a rape victim that if she wasn't a trashy slut, this wouldn't have happened. When he has the audacity to tell his customers that they are holding the phone wrong - he's BEGGING for someone to stuff that phone down his throat (or up his backside). And lawyers are the proper tool for doing this. Instead of Steve-o simply stating "Apple is aware of this, and we are addressing this - we'll get back to you...
I will confirm this as an issue with my phone. I cannot say that I've hung up on anyone - because prior to this afternoon I had the antennae issue and not only dropped the call - I lost service because I had the audacity of 'holding my phone wrong'. However, I have place myself on mute, as well as having accidentally activated the speakerphone function when I'm using the phone normally. So, chalk up one more (I have an issue) to your list. I fully expect this to be...
Just my 2 cents. This problem could be corrected easily, and is likely the result of poor Quality work at Foxconn. I would bet $$$ that Foxconn is gonna eat this one. Manufacturing Fix #1: Clear coat spray of a Polyeurathane type material to outside benzel prior to assembly. Downsides - this material will wear off, may give the bezel a 'glossy' or smooth touch that may be counter to Apple's design goals. This is an easy and cost effective manufacturing step - that...
Hmmm, I don't have Cancer - therefore Cancer doesn't exist and all those people are faking it. Think, the good Lord gave you something to hold your ears apart - use it. I'm glad your G4 doesn't have this problem - that doesn't mean that mine isn't a piece of crap (it is). I cannot make a phone call when I'm at work. The calls drop - 100% of the time - tried 7x to talk to my wife and failed. The phone works great in areas where AT&T delivers 5 bars; but if you are in an...
Sure he does ... it's called "Class Action lawsuit". If you continue to sell a product, after being made aware of a design defect - you are committing fraud. In fact, each and every phone Apple sells further increases the damages that will be accessed. Thus, it is in Apple's best interests to fix this problem post haste.