or Connect

Posts by Hodar

I have never seen a tattoo that makes me think MORE of a person. This is why many people get tattoos that they can hide, because a person with visible tattoos does not convey a person who respects himself, and if a person does not respect himself - what would make me think he will respect me, my finances, my business or my best interests?
Make you a deal. I won't make up strawman arguments and attribute them to you; and you show me the same courtesy. I NEVER said, or hinted that ONLY white men are capable of contributing to STEM. Context makes a pretty big contribution to the statement to; I was replying to a bigot that said that white people should sit down and shut up for a couple generations. My statement stands - if it weren't for the hated white man - where would civilization be? I deal in...
But the Lytro technology seems to directly apply to the 2/3D nature of the LinX technology in the hardware. The applications of this are pretty neat, but the IP implications are equally thrilling. Now with a 3D object being capable of being captured in a single photo, someone could take a picture of a room; and then potentially extract a 3D replica of almost anything in that room. Now, it would be non-functional, obviously - but consider the security ramifications in...
If the 'revised' editions removed Jar-jar .... maybe ....
We need energy, but the fact is we are scared. Back in the 70's a super scary movie came out called "The China Syndrome" - boy, it was so scary that it shut down most of our nuclear programs. And it kept most of them shut down for 30 years. And the not-so scary Godzilla movies must have kept Nuclear reactors shut down here for another 10 years; despite the fact that we have nuclear reactors on our aircraft carriers, submarines and most of our naval warships for the past...
 I agree. Just a few weeks prior to the surprise "Bankruptcy notice"; the CEO had re-affirmed 4Q earnings. Quite a thing to unload tens of thousands of shared the day before Apple announces the iPhone 6 - and then re-affirm earnings; then postpone a web-cast at the last minute; then announce Bankruptcy the following business day.
The piece that people are missing, is that using Hyperion (ion implanting technology), the Sapphire is exfoliated - not cut - it peels off the ingot in thicknesses of about 10 microns. A single sapphire crysal thick sheet - not a full screen thickness - just 10 microns thick. This is then bonded with a Gorilla Glass type substrate. Benefits? Sapphire sheet is pretty much impervious, but as it's only 10 microns thick and flexable - it's not going to shatter when...
Google's systems are "far more secure" than anything Apple has. So, Google makes an "Open OS" in which everyone has access to anything the cell phone can do; and claims it's "far more secure" than a proprietary OS, running sandboxed applications, on proprietary hardware? In Schmidt's world, is Ebola some healthy elixer that promotes health, life and well being?