or Connect

Posts by Hodar

I have never seen a tattoo that makes me think MORE of a person. This is why many people get tattoos that they can hide, because a person with visible tattoos does not convey a person who respects himself, and if a person does not respect himself - what would make me think he will respect me, my finances, my business or my best interests?
Make you a deal. I won't make up strawman arguments and attribute them to you; and you show me the same courtesy. I NEVER said, or hinted that ONLY white men are capable of contributing to STEM. Context makes a pretty big contribution to the statement to; I was replying to a bigot that said that white people should sit down and shut up for a couple generations. My statement stands - if it weren't for the hated white man - where would civilization be? I deal in...
But the Lytro technology seems to directly apply to the 2/3D nature of the LinX technology in the hardware. The applications of this are pretty neat, but the IP implications are equally thrilling. Now with a 3D object being capable of being captured in a single photo, someone could take a picture of a room; and then potentially extract a 3D replica of almost anything in that room. Now, it would be non-functional, obviously - but consider the security ramifications in...
If the 'revised' editions removed Jar-jar .... maybe ....
We need energy, but the fact is we are scared. Back in the 70's a super scary movie came out called "The China Syndrome" - boy, it was so scary that it shut down most of our nuclear programs. And it kept most of them shut down for 30 years. And the not-so scary Godzilla movies must have kept Nuclear reactors shut down here for another 10 years; despite the fact that we have nuclear reactors on our aircraft carriers, submarines and most of our naval warships for the past...
 I agree. Just a few weeks prior to the surprise "Bankruptcy notice"; the CEO had re-affirmed 4Q earnings. Quite a thing to unload tens of thousands of shared the day before Apple announces the iPhone 6 - and then re-affirm earnings; then postpone a web-cast at the last minute; then announce Bankruptcy the following business day.
The piece that people are missing, is that using Hyperion (ion implanting technology), the Sapphire is exfoliated - not cut - it peels off the ingot in thicknesses of about 10 microns. A single sapphire crysal thick sheet - not a full screen thickness - just 10 microns thick. This is then bonded with a Gorilla Glass type substrate. Benefits? Sapphire sheet is pretty much impervious, but as it's only 10 microns thick and flexable - it's not going to shatter when...