or Connect

Posts by Hodar

Considering the iPhone 5 release is likely to happenin the next 4 months or so; and that the predicted sales of these will be fairly huge - why sell now?   This doesn't include the anticipated sales of Apple's TV efforts, nor the Ivy Bridge refresh on their existing hardware - all of which should drive the stock price of Apple even higher.
I submit that this is NOT the job of the Austin City Counsil, this is usually nicely managed by something we like to call the "Free Market" system. I submit that the city councilmen can barely find their backsides with both hands, a map and a flashlight - to sum up the knowledge they possess in determining wages in a High Tech Industry can usually be found at the bottom of a typical birdcage. Competition sets the wage - that's the way it's supposed to work. When you...
You are missing a few rather key points that is rather attractive to Austin.  Austin is the Silicon Valley of the West.  Texas Instruments, Intel, Freescale, Samsung, Micron among others call Austin home.  This means, that new components are just a short car ride from Apple's labs.  Technical support from the chip designers is just a face-to-face meeting without the need for huge amounts of notice, no hotels, time changes, airline trips.  Literally, a 30 minute drive...
Exactly. When you report on national airwaves things as "facts" - it's generally considered by most children, to understand whether your "facts" are correct or not. Perhaps a couple million will teach this person, what common sense, his station manager and his parents failed. Before you open your mouth to condemn a company publically - it's usually best to have some facts to back you up. Sorry, made up "facts" don't count.
I thought some of the newer water repelling treatments, which allow the electronics to operate, while submerged in liquid water, would make this effort completely wasted. http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/0...roof-liquipel/
Unless an Apple re-seller can offer me a substancial price drop (they typically don't); why would I want to buy from them, instead of buying from Apple direct? When I buy from Apple directly - I have a permanently available receipt via the web site; I have a garantee of full Apple Support, plus I can opt to upgrade to AppleCare through the website at a later point in time. If Apple has the same price, more or better service options, and garanteed stock - why would I...
The folk in prisons have demonstrated that they "Don't play well with others" - hence, they are confined to a cell and treated like animals. Why? Becuase, left to their own devices, they act like animals. Many seem to enjoy this - because they keep going back. If you want a pity-party - why not go visit with their victims? Those are the people who deserve pity.
Have you seen the scale of electronics in a smartphone? Obviously not - because you woudn't make such a foolish statement as this. No human hand can place these parts precisely, with 99.999% accuracy, repeatedly - these boards are assembled by robotics. The assembled PCB's are then inserted into metal frames (also made robotically) and screws may be place, or glue. They are not entirely hand-made; and never were. Or, would you prefer we build these products elsewhere,...
As with any other business - comparisons should logically be drawn against what competitors are offering. Having a brother working for HP, and having worked for both Intel and Dell - I can say that the competition's offerings for discounts to employees are a sick joke. At Dell, I could go through some red tape, sign a document that threatened my job if I sold the computer/Jukebox/laptop/display/printer or anyting else; instead of using it for personal use. Then, I was...
Remind me again, what's the definition of 'Insanity"? I have no sympathy for the executives who made bad decisions, and have essentially put RIM on the 2012 Deathwatch. However, I do feel sorry for the hundreds/thousands of engineers, programmers and other people who stand to lose their employment, thanks to the decisions made by these same executives. Those who do their job, are punished. Those who created the problem, not only keep their jobs, but also get a...