or Connect

Posts by Hodar

Ummm - Jailbreaking MY iPhone is perfectly LEGAL. Denying me access to iBooks that I have paid for, is theft. Not all Jailbreakers are thieves, I know several jailbroken phones - and NOT ONE of them use stolen Apps. I'd wager that 95% of Jailbreakers go to the effort, because of MyWi. MyWi simply turns on a function that is built into the iPhone, and is turned off by the cell provider. The Cell provider has opted to charge $20/month to enable something my phone has...
So, a 'Pre-emtive strike' on iBooks, for something I may, or may not do in the future; is justification for preventing me from accessing iBooks I have legitimately already paid for? Why not block the iPod functionality - just in case? Why not shut down my phone service, just in case? Jailbreaking is LEGAL. Denying me access to material that I have legitimately purchased is ILLEGAL. Simple enough?
That would be interesting to find out. Me, I run only 2 Apps on my Jailbroken iphone. 1. MyWi - I paid for 2 GB/month data; how I consume that 2GB is my business 2. WiFi Analyzizer - so I can see what WiFi spots are in the area If I could purchase these through the App Store, I would. I see no reason to pay AT&T $20/month to connect MY phone to MY iPad. How I consume the dataplan I paid for, is my business, not theirs. If AT&T charged you double for using a...
I bought my iPhone from AT&T for $200 I pay my monthly AT&T bill of $113 I jailbreak my phone Now, books I have purchased for ~$15 each are not viewable? How is this not extortion? What I am doing (jailbreaking) is perfectly legal. What Apple has done, is denying me the ability to view a book I have legitimately paid for. This is nothing short of extortion. Now, this will create a new effort by people to crack the DRM on iBooks; and when the DRM is broken on...
I think they are chasing pink unicorns over rainbow bridges. The first thing I intend to do, as soon as I determine that Verizon has stock on hand (or I can order from Apple) - I will sell my current iPhone 4, and take the proceeds from that sale and give it to AT&T to shove up the oriface of their choice, so I may terminate my contract. Then, I'll walk my happy self down to Verizon and buy another iPhone 4 from them. I travel a lot - I cannot get AT&T data...
I can watch tv over the air for free, or I can watch on my computer for free, or I can watch selected re-runs on my iPad for $8/month. Tough call.
The Droid X has a ~5 inch screen. It's a little too big for your pocket, so people clip them on their belt. And, at it's size; it is on the large side for a cell phone. The iPad is at 9.7 inches and fits nicely in a case about the same size as a normal file. It's too big to fit on your belt, but is about the perfect size to carry. It's light weight, has a long battery life, and the design effort that went into it is amazing. Definitely a slam-dunk from...
I'll gladly drop AT&T to get a Verizon iPhone, and gladly pay the $350 penalty to leave. I'm in Utah and 80% of the state's population lives along a 120 long range of vallies. You would think this would be easy to cover, wouldn't you? I have no signal at work (I work on a military base), and poor signal at home. My internet is 3G; but the transfer rate is in the EDGE data rate range. I can go to the Salt Lake International Airport and not get internet service at...
I will gladly pay the $350 to ditch AT&T. I can then sell my iPhone 4 for $350, shell out another $200 for the Verizon iPhone plus other charges; and have a phone that works everywhere I do. I don't have internet connectivity at the local international airport, I don't have connectivity at my office, and when I do get a 3G signal - the data rate is pathetic. It's a 3G connection, but the data transfer rate is along EDGE speeds. When I was with Verizon, I never...
Damn, I wish I were employed by Google!! I'd have a nice office, a great campus and wouldn't live in the sticks where my job is located. Nope, I had a Verizon Dare, and jumped ship to AT&T to get the iPhone after admiring the 3G and the 3GS. I expected the iPhone 4 to be AT LEAST as good as the 3GS - and in a great many regards it's superior. But holding onto a weak signal is not one of them. When my phone is on my desk, it works great; when I pick it up - the phone...