or Connect

Posts by Hodar

ePubs is an open standard However, iBooks uses a closed standard. These books are NOT transferrable, either into, nor out of iBooks.
By all means, keep iBooks closed. No arguement from this side of the fence. However, do not deny me the use of the iBooks I have paid for; simply because I opt to use MyWi. Now, if Apple wants to refund my iBooks purchase - then I'll take my cash back and shut up. In the meanwhile, all my future book purchases will be through Kindle. iBooks has a lot of polish - but Kindle doesn't deny me access to the books I have paid for. And when you have dropped over $100 on books...
Ummm - Jailbreaking MY iPhone is perfectly LEGAL. Denying me access to iBooks that I have paid for, is theft. Not all Jailbreakers are thieves, I know several jailbroken phones - and NOT ONE of them use stolen Apps. I'd wager that 95% of Jailbreakers go to the effort, because of MyWi. MyWi simply turns on a function that is built into the iPhone, and is turned off by the cell provider. The Cell provider has opted to charge $20/month to enable something my phone has...
So, a 'Pre-emtive strike' on iBooks, for something I may, or may not do in the future; is justification for preventing me from accessing iBooks I have legitimately already paid for? Why not block the iPod functionality - just in case? Why not shut down my phone service, just in case? Jailbreaking is LEGAL. Denying me access to material that I have legitimately purchased is ILLEGAL. Simple enough?
That would be interesting to find out. Me, I run only 2 Apps on my Jailbroken iphone. 1. MyWi - I paid for 2 GB/month data; how I consume that 2GB is my business 2. WiFi Analyzizer - so I can see what WiFi spots are in the area If I could purchase these through the App Store, I would. I see no reason to pay AT&T $20/month to connect MY phone to MY iPad. How I consume the dataplan I paid for, is my business, not theirs. If AT&T charged you double for using a...
I bought my iPhone from AT&T for $200 I pay my monthly AT&T bill of $113 I jailbreak my phone Now, books I have purchased for ~$15 each are not viewable? How is this not extortion? What I am doing (jailbreaking) is perfectly legal. What Apple has done, is denying me the ability to view a book I have legitimately paid for. This is nothing short of extortion. Now, this will create a new effort by people to crack the DRM on iBooks; and when the DRM is broken on...
I think they are chasing pink unicorns over rainbow bridges. The first thing I intend to do, as soon as I determine that Verizon has stock on hand (or I can order from Apple) - I will sell my current iPhone 4, and take the proceeds from that sale and give it to AT&T to shove up the oriface of their choice, so I may terminate my contract. Then, I'll walk my happy self down to Verizon and buy another iPhone 4 from them. I travel a lot - I cannot get AT&T data...
I can watch tv over the air for free, or I can watch on my computer for free, or I can watch selected re-runs on my iPad for $8/month. Tough call.
The Droid X has a ~5 inch screen. It's a little too big for your pocket, so people clip them on their belt. And, at it's size; it is on the large side for a cell phone. The iPad is at 9.7 inches and fits nicely in a case about the same size as a normal file. It's too big to fit on your belt, but is about the perfect size to carry. It's light weight, has a long battery life, and the design effort that went into it is amazing. Definitely a slam-dunk from...
I'll gladly drop AT&T to get a Verizon iPhone, and gladly pay the $350 penalty to leave. I'm in Utah and 80% of the state's population lives along a 120 long range of vallies. You would think this would be easy to cover, wouldn't you? I have no signal at work (I work on a military base), and poor signal at home. My internet is 3G; but the transfer rate is in the EDGE data rate range. I can go to the Salt Lake International Airport and not get internet service at...