or Connect

Posts by Hodar

The Droid X has a ~5 inch screen. It's a little too big for your pocket, so people clip them on their belt. And, at it's size; it is on the large side for a cell phone. The iPad is at 9.7 inches and fits nicely in a case about the same size as a normal file. It's too big to fit on your belt, but is about the perfect size to carry. It's light weight, has a long battery life, and the design effort that went into it is amazing. Definitely a slam-dunk from...
I'll gladly drop AT&T to get a Verizon iPhone, and gladly pay the $350 penalty to leave. I'm in Utah and 80% of the state's population lives along a 120 long range of vallies. You would think this would be easy to cover, wouldn't you? I have no signal at work (I work on a military base), and poor signal at home. My internet is 3G; but the transfer rate is in the EDGE data rate range. I can go to the Salt Lake International Airport and not get internet service at...
I will gladly pay the $350 to ditch AT&T. I can then sell my iPhone 4 for $350, shell out another $200 for the Verizon iPhone plus other charges; and have a phone that works everywhere I do. I don't have internet connectivity at the local international airport, I don't have connectivity at my office, and when I do get a 3G signal - the data rate is pathetic. It's a 3G connection, but the data transfer rate is along EDGE speeds. When I was with Verizon, I never...
Damn, I wish I were employed by Google!! I'd have a nice office, a great campus and wouldn't live in the sticks where my job is located. Nope, I had a Verizon Dare, and jumped ship to AT&T to get the iPhone after admiring the 3G and the 3GS. I expected the iPhone 4 to be AT LEAST as good as the 3GS - and in a great many regards it's superior. But holding onto a weak signal is not one of them. When my phone is on my desk, it works great; when I pick it up - the phone...
If I knew Apple haters, I WOULD tell them the same thing. However, I am NOT an Apple hater. I admire Apple and think they are doing an amazing job on most everything they do. My next PC will be a Mac. However, love them or hate them - they screwed the pooch on this one, and need to make things right. I love my Toyotas, I've owned a few - but guess what? When Toyota screws up, they do a re-call and fix the problem; that's part of the reason we love them. Find a...
Ok, Noob ... the origional cell phones all had external antennas - yup they did. And those antennas had a RUBBER cover going the length of the antenna in the early phones, later phones used a carbon impregnated core with a plastic surround. The antenna NEVER served as the handle. Apple opted to use the antenna as a handle, as it's impossible to hold the phone without touching the antenna. Apple could have opted for a poly clear-coat, or better yet, they could have...
I bought my phone through AT&T - as the Apple website was broken for much of the release day, due to the high demand. AT&T states that they have a re-stocking fee of 10%, and the next phone is the phone I am stuck with for the remainder of my 2 yr contract. That's what I have been told. My point is that Apple delivered a product that does not function as promised. I'm demanding that they fix the problem and deliver what they advertized. My standards are consistent -...
I agree there is a certain amount of 'tweaking' that can be done. For example, we have a new TriQuint chipset - are the drivers that were origionally releaseed optimized? Do we need to put the 3G to sleep during a phone call? Re-calibration of the face detect feature is almost a given. But, the fact that the bar calculation has been used for EVERY generation of iPhone - and now, mysteriously this is the cause of all of the reception problems - that is utter BS. There...
Please point out the error, fanboi. Why do you think modern equipment has an insulator around the antenna? Hmmm, please share some of your enlightenment on why it's a 'Good' thing to have an exposed antenna. Surely, if you knew anything of which you speak, you could give one reason. So, please share with the rest of us the benefits of exposing an antenna to human touch. Feel free to use crayons, and maybe make a little constuction paper too. I'm sure Mommy has some...
The 'Average User' would not dial the code required to pull it up. We are NOT talking about an App - we are talking about a 'secret' code that a person could type in. Who cares if the average user would never use it!?! The average user will never use the Dianostics Port on your car - shall we rip that out too? The ONLY reason to remove a Diagnostic utility, is to make that data unavailable. Why would you intentionally hide data on how a phone is performing, unless you...