or Connect

Posts by Hodar

I'll toss this at you ... it's seeming to be ignored on this thread. I have a iPhone 4, and work in an area that has poor reception. Yesterday, I dropped 6 calls in 15 minutes. Frustrating does not begin to express my feelings. Co-worker did an experiment with his 3G iPhone. Jailbroke it, set the display to show antenna dB instead of bars and did some comparisons. With 3G disabled, he got several dB better reception in the same area, than with it enabled. He's been...
However, if you switch to Edge - at least you have a useable phone until something better comes along. For me, this work-around (a work-around is NOT intended as a permanent solution!!) at least allows me to use my phone in poor coverage areas without dropping phone calls. I suspect that Apple, being a Computer Company, told the firmware to place a higher priority on data transmission than on voice communications. That's why 3G downloads may stall and calls get...
Disable the 3G capabilities (Settings - General - Network). Sure, your internet speed will be Edge; but my iPhone 4 now ACTUALLY works better! I'm getting a better signal, longer battery life. Give this a shot ... am I the only one that this seems to make a difference? I have a iPhone G4 with a iFrogz case and work in a building with really BAD coverage. Since switching, I'm no longer dropping calls and my Edge downloads are 161-181 kbps and uploads at 14...
What a great hammer to use in negotiations with AT&T. Whether you intend to deploy it or not; simply bringing a functional Verizon based iPhone to the meeting would certainly give you a VERY strong negotiating position.
Please indicate where Apple said anything remotely sounding like a 'Softare fix'? Apple at this point in time has said that there is no problem at all - that we are all a bunch of retards that have no idea how to hold a phone. Sometimes a pistol against a head is what it takes for a brain damaged company to do the right thing.
How many Apple engineers does it take to design a cell phone antenna?
Obviosly common sense isn't one of your strong suits. This may come as a shock to you, but if you have a flat tire, the odds are that (everyone but you) will pull to the side of the road - thus NOT NEED TO USE A HEADSET. Ask Mommy to explain this one to you, as you failed this test miserably. How about you are hiking in the mountains, and get bit by a Timber Rattler, or fall down and break a leg, or wish to report a fire - the phone doesn't work when you touch it - and...
"I smoke and don't have cancer - therefore there is no such thing as cancer".Here's a newflash for you .... cell phones are analog in nature, there is some level of signal that is required to defeat background noise and establish a signal. If you are in a high coverage area - you will find it almost impossible to block the signal. Use a metal coin, heck - weld the silly gap with gold. The strength of the signal will blast through loud and clear.But, go for a hike, or...
Let's look at the alternatives, shall we? Trade it in for a new G4 (others have done this, problem repeats - why bother?) Commit to a 2 yr contract with a competitor for an inferior phone Commit to a 2 yr contract with a 3GS and stay with AT&T Or, apply pressure to Apple to fix the problem, and make good on the product they advertised. I still have 3 weeks to tell AT&T that I am cancelling my contract due to the inability of Apple to deliver the product they promised - so...
If you can't debate the FACT, then insult the messenger .... nice work!