or Connect

Posts by Hodar

However, if you switch to Edge - at least you have a useable phone until something better comes along. For me, this work-around (a work-around is NOT intended as a permanent solution!!) at least allows me to use my phone in poor coverage areas without dropping phone calls. I suspect that Apple, being a Computer Company, told the firmware to place a higher priority on data transmission than on voice communications. That's why 3G downloads may stall and calls get...
Disable the 3G capabilities (Settings - General - Network). Sure, your internet speed will be Edge; but my iPhone 4 now ACTUALLY works better! I'm getting a better signal, longer battery life. Give this a shot ... am I the only one that this seems to make a difference? I have a iPhone G4 with a iFrogz case and work in a building with really BAD coverage. Since switching, I'm no longer dropping calls and my Edge downloads are 161-181 kbps and uploads at 14...
What a great hammer to use in negotiations with AT&T. Whether you intend to deploy it or not; simply bringing a functional Verizon based iPhone to the meeting would certainly give you a VERY strong negotiating position.
Please indicate where Apple said anything remotely sounding like a 'Softare fix'? Apple at this point in time has said that there is no problem at all - that we are all a bunch of retards that have no idea how to hold a phone. Sometimes a pistol against a head is what it takes for a brain damaged company to do the right thing.
How many Apple engineers does it take to design a cell phone antenna?
Obviosly common sense isn't one of your strong suits. This may come as a shock to you, but if you have a flat tire, the odds are that (everyone but you) will pull to the side of the road - thus NOT NEED TO USE A HEADSET. Ask Mommy to explain this one to you, as you failed this test miserably. How about you are hiking in the mountains, and get bit by a Timber Rattler, or fall down and break a leg, or wish to report a fire - the phone doesn't work when you touch it - and...
"I smoke and don't have cancer - therefore there is no such thing as cancer".Here's a newflash for you .... cell phones are analog in nature, there is some level of signal that is required to defeat background noise and establish a signal. If you are in a high coverage area - you will find it almost impossible to block the signal. Use a metal coin, heck - weld the silly gap with gold. The strength of the signal will blast through loud and clear.But, go for a hike, or...
Let's look at the alternatives, shall we? Trade it in for a new G4 (others have done this, problem repeats - why bother?) Commit to a 2 yr contract with a competitor for an inferior phone Commit to a 2 yr contract with a 3GS and stay with AT&T Or, apply pressure to Apple to fix the problem, and make good on the product they advertised. I still have 3 weeks to tell AT&T that I am cancelling my contract due to the inability of Apple to deliver the product they promised - so...
If you can't debate the FACT, then insult the messenger .... nice work!
Nice catch.