or Connect

Posts by Wovel

You might be very surprised. The top two applications for the vast majority of corporate users are email and web browsers. We have several financial services clients that do not allow laptops at all. People have desktops and iPads. The iPad is far and away the easiest device to lockdown and manage in an enterprise. These are firms with thousands to tens of thousands of employees. Most of the people that are describing tasks that can't be done on an iPad are also...
So it can do everything Apple said for many users just like they said but it is not good at being a shared PC or using specific versions of software packages (Although there are very good solutions for every package you mentioned and many of them are from the same vendor). Did you have a point in there somewhere? I bet Apple is willing to concede the multi-user tablet space to the Surface.As a side note, go to quickbooks.com and see what device they showcase their...
Me and my middle son use most of the data in a typical month for us (we have 5 phones and 2 iPads all together in the 30GB+). We typically only one about 10GB leaving us sitting in the high 40s available every month. The month we went over, my Wife use 47GB and she typically uses less than 1. Keep an eye out .
It is not very hard if you are not trying to avoid. We have an AT&T family plan with 30GB+rollover. We went into a month with 50gb and came out of it going a couple of gigs over. 90% of it got used by one person streaming Tidal during something like 72 hours of driving during two different weekends. Admittedly that is an unusual circumstance (with questionable merit I might add). I have used 20 gb in a month streaming video in hotels with terrible WiFi. There are...
Unless Apple comes up with a replacement for bluetooth (a possibility for sure) they won't be able to remove the headphone jack. Bluetooth is worthless for video and likely will be until there is a major revision.Matt
But Isaacson and Sorkin both talked to people who were in the room. Even people , like Woz, that say the dialogue is not precise still think it is an accurate portrayal. Much of what people think of as negative are stories that came from Jobs himself. Isaacson and Sorkin have considerably more second hand knowledge about those events than NASA has knowledge of what actually happened on Pluto. Admittedly, this whole comparison is silly.
It is based on a book Jobs wanted written before he died. From his enthusiasm about Issacson's book it is easy to surmise he would have been enthusiastic about this film. Four years is not obscenely short in any way. Particularly for someone who clearly wanted the unwashed story of his life told publicly. If he had survived does anyone doubt he would have been the first one to sit down with Sorkin to work on the script.
No-one who has actually seen the movie believes it is focused on the things you seem to believe it is.
It seems like Sorkin and Boyle have plenty of room to make a sequel covering the second half of his career and the book. The current movie only covers up to the iMac release. I don't know anything about their plans, but it seems like that would make the story more complete and provide better coverage of the aspects you describe.On an unrelated note. Cook's criticism of the new movie is interesting since he did not join Apple until right around the end of the movie....
Not sure why you think it was at the end. It was in the middle (a full minute left after it) and kind of funny.