or Connect

Posts by Wovel

Likely that they missed the amount by 1000x?
Physical keyboards have been an option since the day the iPad was released. I am not sure why MS and now Nokia think not selling a key board cover means the iPad doesn't gave a keyboard or even an Apple keyboard. The dock keyboard was there originally. They Apple Bluetooth keyboard is still there today. There are more varieties of third party iPad keyboards than units sold of Windows RT...
You should build your own phone based on usb flash from Amazon....
Bigger is only more important in phones, in tablets smaller is better!
This is not a raid problem at all. This is a problem with inexperienced people doing raid deployments. Perhaps I have just spent too much time working with people that know what they are doing...Your belief about raid really is better accomplished with a JBOD concatenation. I will go ahead an believe Patterson, et al's stated objectives with RAID: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~garth/RAIDpaper/Patterson88.pdfI think you are just showing a fundamental misunderstanding of RAID...
For home or SMB use, people should source the drives themselves. They should also spend the extra $100 on real enterprise drives.
That is truly absurd. Unless you are confusing desktops and workstations. I could not imagine anyone in post-production, animation, drafting or any other field really leveraging workstations accepting something without RAID 1 (or a similar configuration) for data storage in a work station environment. Anyone getting paid to specify something like that is in way over their head.BTW RAID 10 is in no way "exotic" it has been in wide production use for at least 10 years now...
The only risk of data loss in a reasonably engineered Raid 5 array is the failure of a second drive during a rebuild. I suppose someone may have some statistics saying that a poorly timed two drive failure is more likely than a single drive failure, but I really doubt it. It would be a logical impossibility for RAID 10 not to be more reliable than a single drive. They are a way of securing data, your first sentence is simply wrong. They are not a way of completely...
I believe both your points came up in court. It is dedicated storage and antennas.
I think you read the complaint, but nothing else. Aero's complaint is far from ridiculous. They have and rent individual antenas and tuners for each user and the users control them on their own. There is no way this is rebroadcasting any more than a slingbox is rebroadcasting (networks tried to fight that too). In fact, Aereo only works if the user is actually in the broadcast area for their service.The networks don't have a leg to stand on. If they don't want to be in...