or Connect

Posts by Wovel

Three points:- The Mac Pro does include two full graphics cards, not just GPU chips.- Any Hackintosh you build will also be at least twice as loud (given that it will need at least two additional much smaller fans)- A Hackintosh is not a good choice for a professional user since using an unlicensed operating system is not a sound business practiceOne other, somewhat meaningless point. The OWC unit is a card with two PCIe SSDs in it and even the RevoDrive is nowhere near...
In the MacRumors version of this story they mentioned that more than 3 million of the phones they sold were running the BB 7 OS.
There is a higher cost processor in the high end machine so the delta is smaller.
To clarify one thing. There are real reasons for all the price differences. There is no reason for Apple to want to gouge any particular country. If they were going to gouge a country, it would not be Australia... If Australians are tired of paying higher prices for everything, they should talk to their legislature. In addition to the things I mentioned in my previous post on this topic there is one other point to remember. Apple runs stores and has employees in...
I am sure you added sales tax to the US price and also factored in the increased cost of government regulation in Australia (like the extra year of warranty you require). Oh wait, you thought that was free...
That looks pretty tame compared to the folks doing field work with RED 4k raw and trying to slap together dailies on the road.
Fair enough. I would not say it should never sleep, but it sounds like it is randomly sleeping while you are using the computer. I am not sure why it would be freezing your computer when it was starting up unless you were trying to access something stored on the drive. I just shutdown and restarted a Drobo array and a Promise array and never had any interruptions in usage. Maybe it is the OWC.As a side note, don't go with Drobo if you want peace . There are several...
The mini has no built-in Camera..The MacRumors article mentioned this does not affect MACs built since 2008 at all.BTW real cutting edge research there. Have they spent the past 5 years on this or are they interested in the security of people running 5 year old macs?
In many ways the Pro Video market is already there (or moving there). The move to modular camera systems has been happening for the past few years and has really exploded in the past 12 months. You can see many of these same arguments on Pro Video forums (with similar silly pictures). Modular is the future. It is clear Apple had a lot of input from the Pro Video/Film sector on the new design.His video is a pretty good view of how things are today.
Why is your RAID array going to sleep? That is either or poorly designed array or you have power saver turned on.. You can buy arrays with quieter fans (the disks would have made the same amount of noise inside the old Mac Pro) or buy a longer thunderbolt cable and put the array in the closet.