or Connect

Posts by juandl

Apple right now is in the perfect place. The Driver's Seat in the Caravan of mobile phones. Android seems to be getting all the attention, but of course they are racing of road. The manufacturers (Samsung, Motorola, etc.). Are getting some money. Uncle Buck might be sticking a sticker on the hood of those cars (giving Google) a little bit of advertsing money. They are happy. Out in the woods they are more famous than Apple. Nokia meanwhile is racing in the...
I am thinking that Apple will on purpose miss out on the release of iPhone5. With Verizon just now coming on. The new white phone seeming to be ready to come out. The new iPad surely coming out inthe next few months. And the Data Farm finally being unveiled. But especially the fact that all of Apple's competitors showing the hand, and not really holding anything compelling. There really is no reason for Apple to keep that date of anniversary. Let the very...
I think this would be a great idea, but only as an optional device. Bluetooth would be great. I can see several uses for it. I am sure you can buy something out there now, but I am sure that Apple can do it better. Imagine spending some time out with the family; A camping trip. You can probably find a plug to recharge your device and iphone or touch, (you really don't want to take your laptop out there). But you could load up on 2 or 3 Disney movies. You hang up...
You can't really think that Schmidt is very happy the way things seem at the present moment. Yeah everyone is gonna say the correct thing. They don't want things to show what is really going on. If I would guess, the conversation went sort of like this: Page:"Hey Eric, things are starting to go a little south recently. Don't get me and Brin wrong, we are making tons of money, and Android is doing great. You have done a great job." Schmidt:"So what's the...
I called it last week. Page and Brin realize that they need to stay a close friend to their close friend S. Jobs. They seem to be regarded as the bad guy recently. That cannot be a good thing. Also, they are a little worried that Apple will befriend a Facebook or someone else. And also start doing a lot of what they use Google inhouse.
Anyone can download an Alarm Clock app. Lots of them are free. Apple has got a lot on their plate right now.
It just seems that Apple nowadays has a ton of ideas they want to get into. They had a lot of Patents approved in 2010, but they weren't the biggest approved. IBM, Microsoft and others beat them out. But the big difference is that Apple seems to have a plan to the Patents they are seeking. And most of the stuff they keep coming up with seems to be very appealing to a whole lot of folk. I don't think you can say the same thing about the other guys. If Apple...
This feature will be a great addition to the iPhone. But of course not all will see it that way. Until of course they really need to find out where their son or daughter is at. And no I don't mean spying, but seriously worried about them. Some people seem to be paranoid about this type of thing. Sure those will probably be the ones that can't be trusted. The "I am going out with the guys for a while". Really just means, "I am trying to hook up with...
There is a whole lot of other people that will eventually convert. But when they do, they will do it hard. But they will be happier. Example: I know a friend (okay a relative) that had always used PCs. After suffering thru all the viruses and slow loads, she finally got an iPad. Well only a couple months later, she had a tough decision to make. Make a payment on her car, or buy a protective cover for her iPad? She is now looking for rides to get to...
Google, and more likely Schmidt is trying to do his best Steve Jobs impersonation. He figures if Steve could lay down the law and say that he would not support Flash, (when nobody else thought he would be able to really make it happen). Maybe (he thought) he just needs a little 'cojones' and make this big decision too. Of course he thinks by deciding this, it will put Google in a better position, (and of course slow Apple down a little). But, Steve Jobs has...