or Connect

Posts by juandl

Apple will also have to reduce their cut in the process. Magazines, will be a little different than Books. And will be a lot different than Apps. Those guys can survive with the 70% cut that they get. But, magazines will be different. They come out weekly. It is a constant thing. And it will take a little creativity to make them popular and attractive to keep buying. Sure newspapers continue selling, but not like they used to. And for some people, it...
It is possible that Apple is just really getting started? It's been a while now, but Apple seemed lost until they (or Jobs) decided on changing course and doing the lowly iPod. A computer maker going into the MP3 market did not really make a lot of sense then. But if they had not gone that route things would have probably been a little tougher for Apple. With the iPhone, they went from a sailboat to a speedboat. The thing is, all the other guys were more...
I don't know. But I kind of think the AppleTV 2 is really just a Trojan Horse from Apple. Sure it probably does a lot of the stuff that some users might want it to do. But evrybody really want more NEW content. Even Jobs mentioned that that would be a hard nut to crack, for all the other guys, for them, and soon for Google's box. Which is exactly what is happening now. There is no getting around that. The Networks are not dumb. They know what happened...
FaceTime is great. After Apple makes it available for Macs, iPad 2, and even AppleTV, they will have a lot of users coming onboard. After that Google will probably put it in the (whatever OS is next) version in the Android phones. Microsoft will also have to put it in their phone, just to keep up with the leaders. By then Apple will have put it in Windows. Probably even Nokia might have to consider doing the same thing. This will all probably...
Rubenstein is correct. His WebOS is more different than iPhone than most other cloners. And for a short time it was even better at some stuff than the earlier iPhones. It took a little getting used to there swipe use. But in a little while, anyone could learn it. And NO ONE COULD BEAT THEIR MULTI-TASKING. Apple has got there certain way of doing it. But Palm (I think) is done better. The biggest problem with Palm, was they never...
I don't know about the other guys. But Palm's WebOS really worked real well on the Palm Pre. Don't think people really gave it much of a chance with the iPhone craze and all. But it is a really solid OS. I think it should do better than RIM and Microsoft.
Apple can keep everybody happy. iPhone 4 for Verizon at beginning of year. No need to hurry next version. Everybody seems to be happy so far with the new upgrade. Everyone can wait a while longer while LTE gets better footing. By then Apple will have the dual core model ready for iphone 5. That, and their version of the Cloud will be established by then. Google seems to be going a little backwards recently. And nobody else seems to be...
I think it is a very limited amount of people that have seen an iAd ad. Apple should get a commercial showing how much better and interactive they can be. If you get people interested in it. Maybe they will clamor for it more, and more companies will get on board with more ads.
If the Rumor is true. That Verizon is trying to compensate Apple with bringing the iPhone to Verizon but not to Sprint and T-Mobile. I think this would have had something to do with it. This new phone with the new OS, you kinda think Verizon got a little angry because it was not them first out of the gate with this. Honeymoon must be over.
I think the bigger story here does not really get any coverage. Only Apple, and specifically probably only S. Jobs, would have held back the White phone coming out. Probably he was not happy with the phone discoloration. An again. He was (i am sure) truly mad/upset because of the antenna problem. Imagine how many white phones would have been sold. You are looking at millions of bucks. How many other companies or CEO's would have had the guts to hold up the...