or Connect

Posts by juandl

Apple might be making a ton more money and be different than most companies to a certain extent. But it will never be the same without S. Jobs. It will seem like its coasting along fine with the iPhones and iPads for a few more years (5 or 6). And people around the globe will marvel at the new Headquarters when its finished. But the new products that need to come out, to make Apple the innovator that it has proved to be will suffer. There will be the butting of heads...
Probably an agreement to make Google Maps at least as an option for another year.
The iBooks Author will make it possible to have the mew textbooks that will completely overhaul the way kids are taught in schools. That will make it so much interesting for any kids and of course change the way some teachers teach. But for all that to happen, and to see the real explosion in education use, Apple will probably have to offer the new iPad Mini with a starting memory of at least 32 gigs to make room for the books needed. And keep the price at $300. The...
Or Apple could offer their own version of the new 'Apple American Express Card'. Set that up with the new Passbook app. No more money needed.
 Can't wait to see Amazon's patent for this.    I hear Bezos wants mini airbags for his idea.
Everybody seems to be forgetting the school market. You do not really need the retina display there. They could just add more memory for all those interactive books. Price it at $250. with a discount for students. Apple will have that market all to themselves. After some studies come out of those school districtrs are doing so much better to keep the attention span of the kids, this segment will EXPLODE.
Would not doubt that Apple has their eye on where things are heading with so many appliance or home use possible. I think this will result in some kind of arrangement with T. Fadell (Nest) to branch off and come up with more ideas with a little help from Apple's imagineers.
The best place for this 7" iPad would be if Apple customized it a little bit for the school kids. It has been mentioned that the current memory would be to expensive for most typical kids because they would probably have to purchase the 64 Gigs for all the virtual books needed. Apple could put a smaller battery (only on this dedicated model), since kids don't need more than 7-8 hrs of battery life. They would also not need the most sophisticated cameras since the...
Apple is gonna go this route and make Bluetooth eyeglasses. Perhaps letting that Nest maker guy do the actual glasses. Got a feeling that those Google glasses are gonna be popular with a certain crowd.
Rimm should try following the leader for a last ditch effort. Instead of trying to go big and smart, they ought to try to go small and dumb. Apple did that when they almost went under. They came out with the simple (or what some thought) iPod. That is what really saved them, and got them back on track. I believe Rimm started as a pager company. That, I believe is the direction they ought to take. Everybody seems to be in a hurry to be the smartest. Believe...