or Connect

Posts by juandl

The best place for this 7" iPad would be if Apple customized it a little bit for the school kids. It has been mentioned that the current memory would be to expensive for most typical kids because they would probably have to purchase the 64 Gigs for all the virtual books needed. Apple could put a smaller battery (only on this dedicated model), since kids don't need more than 7-8 hrs of battery life. They would also not need the most sophisticated cameras since the...
Apple is gonna go this route and make Bluetooth eyeglasses. Perhaps letting that Nest maker guy do the actual glasses. Got a feeling that those Google glasses are gonna be popular with a certain crowd.
Rimm should try following the leader for a last ditch effort. Instead of trying to go big and smart, they ought to try to go small and dumb. Apple did that when they almost went under. They came out with the simple (or what some thought) iPod. That is what really saved them, and got them back on track. I believe Rimm started as a pager company. That, I believe is the direction they ought to take. Everybody seems to be in a hurry to be the smartest. Believe...
I think this is great news. Probably most if not all the crowd here will considerate a joke. Borrowing part of a line from that Pixar Rat film, "Anyone can Cook". 99% of us mortals will never be able to code, but a much bigger number can have decent ideas. This help from Apple will help those out with some type of idea that might have a chance of success. Not that it could be a finished product by any measure. BUT, what it could do. It would allow us non-doers to...
Is there any possible way for Apple to go thru the skies for coverage in the near future? Lightsquare seemed to have a good idea. But I don't think they had the Smarts to get it done. You would think Apple has the funds to launch as many satelites needed.
Baby Steps exactly. One big difference is that with the iPad, iTouch & iPhones, having them with them 24/7. These young minds will be miles ahead of any generations. Its not really Apple's fault, but they will be the ones that will move the needle more than any other. For Good and maybe for some unknown Bad. We are in for a wild ride
Of course any kids or schools will show improvements whenever they incorporate iPads and these new textbooks in their classes. It is new, it is technology, it is exciting. It would be easy to engage yourself and get the work done. Getting better grades. BUT. What will happen in a couple of years or so. By then, it will be very hard to keep kids heads in their school work. Some kids will start using this technology for different purposes. Looking for ways...
The fact that Apple has had so much success with tha 4s, just goes to show how big Siri is going to be as they put it in their iPads and Macs even. If it was not for that, a great number of people would just go with the iPhone 4 still. It is gonna be even harder for Microsofts phone to gain traction because I don't think they have anything coming out soon that will similate Siri very well (leave it to Balmer to completely disregard this as a passing fad). At...
My feelings are that Apple will dump a lot of the Patents used in the current crop of smartphones into that Patent Dump. To show everyone that they are willing to share, and stop going thru the courts. BUT, everything new coming up with their new stuff this year will be of limits to all. Apple has shown that they are different than every other computer, phone & other category coming up. Think about it. Its up to Google and Samsung now to keep up with Apple...
It will probably have to be a Dual announcement. Apple (you would think) would also have to announce some kind of arrangement Ad wise with the Networks. The Book sort of let a little secret out of the bag a little bit early. Google will do whatever necesarry to put out their own TV branded device, and they will not care very much whether they have anybodies blessing to put out whatever content they please. They won't mind going thru the courts, (as slow as they...