or Connect

Posts by juandl

I am kinda thinking that Apple is gonna start slowing down their new phones, pads and even Macs to a two year release cycle. That is after this years release. It is very obvious that it is a whole lot harder to copy Apple's products than most companies thought, other than an obvious copy (cough, Samsung). And once Apple finally gets the courts to protect their Patents, there will be no way to beat them. Also, Apple still has a lot of stuff up their sleeves. It...
Just wondering. I know that Google employees are allowed to work about 20% of their company time on different projects of their liking. Some of those come out to be neat stuff. But how does it work for Apple employees? Recently, there has been a ton of very interesting ideas being patented. I am sure that as great as S. Jobs brain is. He can't be the directing spirit here. Anyone know how these projects come about? Appreciate anyone's comments.
The really only solution the other guys have in competing with Apple today. They ought to do a Wade, James & Bosh deal. Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Dell, HP, Nokia, Samsung and all the other guys should call a secret meeting, pool their funds together and buy out Apple. That might be the cheapest route. But they better hurry.
I see even darker clouds in the horizon for all these iPad killers, or better yet wannabe pretenders. Sure they will sell a few. But Apple will continue closing the noose around their necks. What do they think it means when Apple asks and expects 10% break from their suppliers. They are definitely making enough money as is. Waiting for the next shoe to drop. Thinking Apple might shave off a few dollars for the new and improved iPad 3 That is the only real...
Does any other company put out builds like Apple? To have their upgrades get tested to the max?
Zuckerburg probably sees that since Gates has stepped down. Jobs is looking like he needs to step down soon. Ellison has never been on top anyway. Bezos would want to remind people that he is the heir apparent (not). All the Google guys just want to be left alone. Ballmer probably stands in front of his mirror and reminds himself, "I am CEO, I am CEO." The Chinese guys, (well, I don't talk chinese). That is what Zuck has his eyes on. He wants to be The Man.
Apple will also have to outdo Google before Chrome becomes popular. Right now they don't have much to worry about. But in a couple of years it will be pretty appealing to start up whate ever PC, Laptop, Pad, or Phone, and continue working on any and every project you may want.
Of course they shoul add a Thunderbolt plug. It is about time that we started seeing some type of Pico projectors also, for a real nice presentation.
Bit of topic. But could anybody please explain why it is taking SO long for HP to get into the Tablet Wars. I can understand that they are trying to get it right. But man they have had all the Palm smarts and engineers for about two long years. And I personally think that the Palm OS was the closest thing to iOS.
I think it would be a good idea for Apple to consider making WiFi available for Cupertino. It will no doubt be a big undertaking. But they could at least draw up what it would require, and provide the needed equipment. They could then have a separate company do the actual work. Of course it would be abig expense to them. But it would be a huge gift to the city that everyone associates Apple with. Maybe they would be given some kind of Tax relief. Seem to...