or Connect

Posts by diddy

Also available as a perpetual license right from Adobe’s website. https://www.adobe.com/cart.html?marketSegment=COM&# The boxed license is en of Life but so was the box of CS6.  I think the only way to get that was from Adobe too.
I guess it’s a good thing that Apple isn’t requiring that you use them.  They are just asking that you compile with the latest Xcode which contains the new frameworks.  The design philosophies are not mandated that you have to use them.  They are 100% optional.   Apple just wants your app to be coded for iOS 7 specifically (and not exclusively I should point out) by compiling in the latest version of Xcode.  They are not requiring anything else.  If you want to make...
HIG is not a requirement for developers.  It’s just a guideline for what Apple considers good practice.  The only requirement is that it has to be done in Xcode 5 which would involve under the hood changes - visual changes are solely up to the developer. As you point out, they can easily check for this. There is no enforcement of HIG, no 64 bit requirement.  You just need to use the latest tools to develop.  Your app can look 100% as it did before.
These guys are using the same electronic methods that credit cards companies use when they do other forms of electronic transmission.  I would imagine that unless your email account is totally hacked, you are pretty safe.   I found this.  Seems like everything is encrypted and they will text the sender every single time.  They also have really good fraud detection overall.   Their biggest recommendation is to use an email service that offers 2 factor authentication, but...
 Last I heard, it has been profitable for a couple of years now.  
 Well he is wrong - you couldn't have gotten it months ago, but I doubt he is a paying dev or part of Apple Seed so wherever he got it, we won't be able to talk about it here.
There is absolutely no precedent to suggest that they will just give it away for free.  Cheap (about 20 bucks)? Sure.  Free?  Forget it.
I don't get this...  On the mac, there are no box makers since everything is made by Apple - there are no other box makers.
That's the key thing.  Like any bug, it needs to be addressed, but this is not the hack that any hacker is going to use - if they already have a system admin, they already have unlimited access to your files and pretty much can take over your machine already with that admin account.   As any security expert will testify, if someone has admin access to your computer, security is a forgone conclusion. 
I don't see it breaking any of Apple's developer guidelines at all given that similar products have existed long before without being rejected at all.