or Connect

Posts by diddy

That's the key thing.  Like any bug, it needs to be addressed, but this is not the hack that any hacker is going to use - if they already have a system admin, they already have unlimited access to your files and pretty much can take over your machine already with that admin account.   As any security expert will testify, if someone has admin access to your computer, security is a forgone conclusion. 
I don't see it breaking any of Apple's developer guidelines at all given that similar products have existed long before without being rejected at all.
The problem with that is, they would have to literally start from scratch with developers getting them to develop apps and they would be in the "Zune" boat with consumers who would be confused.  Like it or not, "Windows" has a lot of power banding wise and it's very hard to just start from scratch.  But MS has spent a lot of effort to create the idea of Windows Everywhere and the notion that you don't need to compromise.  I don't think they want to create that impression...
While FileMaker Inc is indeed owned by Apple, My understanding is that it is operated independently from Apple.  In other worlds, Apple didn't kill Bento and that wasn't their decision to do so.  They are so separate, that Apple never included it in iWork because it is treated as a separate entity.     Simply put, Apple Likes FileMaker as it's own thing and doesn't want to brand them as Apple products.
Right from their own page:  
You mean like how legally you have to be a paid developer (or be associated with a developer - say one who legally provides it for testing of an app) in order to obtain it?  The one that is also covered by NDA too?  (Trust me, I have gotten Apple Beta software and I have had to sign such an NDA)   They do not offer it to every Joe Blow.  It's targeted to developers who need to have access to these things to test their own software and Apple's software.
Not to mention that companies like Kwikset and the like have come up with lots of innovations to guard against bumping and other forms of forced entry directly.  Obviously there is no way it will ever be 100% foolproof, but they do pair this with their latest hardware (example).     But obviously when they talk about military grade they are referring to the software to guard against external attempts to unlock your door illicitly.  The hardware it is paired against...
i wouldn't take anything from a sample of 5 to mean much of anything.  Its almost exactly what I would all anecdotal.
Until Apple themselves says that there is a schedule to actually delay, there is no factual basis to the term "behind schedule" and iOS 7 or whatever.  Apple hasn't  announced anything, much less a date.  Until an actual date is announced, nothing is "delayed"
And Adobe would sell off their best assets because?  The issues that prosumers have with Apple are not going to be resolved by purchasing part of Adobe.  In fact it would be a disaster for the software since about 50% of Adobe's user base is based on Windows and I am sure none of them would like it.   It would be a total waste of money.  Adobe is a very different company than Apple is.