or Connect

Posts by diddy

Yes, but that violates your legally binding contract with AT&T - something I will not endorse at all.
Yes you will need a tethering plan from your carrier - AT&T does not let you have a tethering plan with unlimited data.
And Apple was a far different company last time. Things at Apple are very different this time around. Heck, the technology industry was night and day different back then - any comparisons to the 90's is just futile back then. One big difference for example was the massive infighting at Apple and the fact that Jobs was ousted by the board. That alone is enough to discount any comparisons. Things are day and night different from last time.
What do you mean? Apple gets sued multiple times per year. The number of losses that they get are minimal.
Support != upgrades though. Support on discontinued products tends to be limited to repairs - not R&D to redesign things from the ground up which is what you are talking about. And that applies for different hardware revisions regardless of capability.
iTunes? Last I checked, that has been multi-platform for several years now - about 6 version numbers ago...
Maybe, but they would also have to deal with the consequences with having such control. Not to mention the fact that Adobe is heavily invested in the Windows business.I just don't see it happening. The companies aren't that compatible culture wise and the legal hassles wouldn't be worth it. Adobe has no intentions on dropping Apple so there is no reason to buy Adobe unless they wanted to make an overtly anti-competitive move. If Adobe is still going to develop for the...
While I am sure that would be great, the problem is that it probably isn't up to Steve to make those choices. Adding manufacturing would be a costly endeavor that cannot compete with other companies who insist on Asian suppliers. I simply doubt that the board will go along with an idea that will inevitably loose money without a guarantee that it will increase revenues. The only way this could work would be if US manufacturing can approach the output that Asian suppliers...
It has been highly reported that roughly half of Adobe's business is with the Mac - that makes it highly unlikely that Adobe is going to abandon them anytime soon and the huge windows based business is highly unlike what Apple would be interested in obtaining.
For the most part, I agree. The largest Acquisition that I can recall Apple making was back in 97 or so was Apple buying Next for half a billion. The idea that Apple would spend multiple times that amount today is quite curious. It's possible, but highly improbable.