or Connect

Posts by Captain J

As a first minute ipad mini adopter, I can tell you I think it's great. I don't miss the retina and don't want it if it will make the device heavier, thicker, less battery life or hotter. The reg ipad is just too big for what I needed. I use it primarily on the train. I stated for years a mini was a needed and wanted size, and despite the numerous folk here who said it would be terrible and bomb, the market has borne out the need for it.
I do have to say I think Apple is losing its quality and high standards. I've had iPhones since the 3G. I had one 3G for two years. Then I got the 4 and in the two years it had to be replaced twice due to failed parts. I then got the 5 and I'm already on my third 5 due to component failures. I might also add I've had Apple's since the mid 80's and never had problems like this with them.
Dunno, I have the mini and love it. It's not a replacement for a pocket iPod music player but it does replace the iPad quite well. My wife has a reg iPad and I have the mini. There's nothing her's does better IMO. I do think the mini will take a lot of sales from the reg iPad.
I must start off by saying I ordered one the minute the pre-orders opened. I also did the same for the iphone 5.   That said, I am not worried about the A5 chip as without the retina display it should be more than adequate.   In general, I do question whether Apple is still innovating especially in the OS area. Yes, iOS is the best thing out there by far, but I would like to see some enhancements after 6 years of the same basic look and function.  Yes, there are...
I really enjoy the naysayers who said it would never happen and would be a huge bust, now defending the lack of a sellout.    LOL.   I think this is a great product aimed at a specific market. I think it is a little overpriced, but that's life. I ordered my mini (my first iPad, i bought the wife an iPad 2 a few months ago for work). I never had a need or a use for a full size device. I do have a need and desire for the smaller one.  Glad all the naysayers were...
Ordered my white mini at 0201 CT through ios and was back in bed by 0202. Not sure what the deal is w/ black vs white. I wonder if they sold as fast as expected given black is still available more than 12 hours after launch.
What bothers me far more than the $329 starting point is the total BS of a 100 up charge to double the storage. That's where the rip off is IMO.
Add me in as a definite buyer as long as the price is not above $350 or so. It will make a great travel companion on the train each day, where an iPad is just too big.
Options are always nice. 
I find it hard to believe Apple had the same number of 5's as they did 4S's an sold out 20X faster. It doesn't make any sense.  I think this is a combination of lower supplies for the US (more countries in at launch date IIRC), a better server to handle the load so more people could order faster without getting locked out, and maybe actually fewer in inventory if the supply problems reports are true.   I also love how so many of this forum are completely myopic. One...