or Connect

Posts by Captain J

I love the hate for the smaller iPad. Perhaps price has nothing to do with it. There is a market for good tablet (not the Android/Kindle crap) that has a smaller form factor. Apple can enter that market and own it too. Apple has the iPhone 4 and 4S, but also the 3GS for free. They have the iPod Nano and the Shuffle They have the MacBook Pro's and had the Macbook for sub $1000 which has now been replaced with the 11" Air. The point is a smaller iPad would not be...
Can someone please explain to me how Jobs could say with a straight face that to type on a 7" screen you'd need to sand your fingers, when Apple has people typing on the same style virtual keyboard on a 3.5" screen I think this would be a good move for Apple if done well. They don't compete with the bottom feeders, but they don't only aim for the very top. That's why they had a $999 Macbook in white for years after they went to the aluminum models. That's why they make...
I have upgraded two of my three eligible computers to Lion. I don't have any problems with the OS, but downloading it on my home broadband takes 8 hours. This is why I didn't like the whole concept to begin with. The USB stick version should be $10 more to cover costs. I don't know how much if any compression they use in the download file, but it would be nice if it could be (more) compressed.
Not blaming anyone. However, when as a company you are extremely anal and very secretive, you breed these sorts of issues. It's not about blame, but perception and reality. Even if one looked at no rumor's or "analysts" one would wonder why a long term cycle was broken. Sans explanations people create expectations. Ultimately, this will either hurt, benefit or be neutral to Apple's sales which is all that really matters.
IMO if this phone had been released on schedule in July there would be a lot less negativity. I think the delayed release raised expectations.
Why is anyone surprised? Because of "leaks" This was obvious and it is Apple's pattern. Every other year is a design upgrade with a internal component upgrade on the opposite years. They're not trying to get IP4 owners to upgrade. They do a two year cycle. I had a 3G and went to the 4. People with the 3GS will go to the 4S. The phone has nice upgrades that make it an awesome phone. Especially coming from a 3G.
Apple is a profit, not market share driven company. They don't care one iota about numbers like this.
and how long will this take to download?????
Just wondering how long it will take to donwload Lion for example. It takes an hour or so to get the iOS updates. I see this as a huge issue for people. With slower connections one could be tied up for hours downloading major software and then have it time out etc.
Just to pose the devil's advocate question, the magazine companies have my info (address etc) if I subscribe to their magazine as they have to send it to me. Of course if buy it at the newsstand at cover price, they don't have it. If they only want the same info they'd get with a snail subscription, I do see their point. Nothing else should be shared of course.