or Connect

Posts by Captain J

At least one of the reviews shows a two hour decrease in the Air 2 vs the Air.
Not at all. I'm not advocating fat phones and tablets. We've never had an update that lowered battery life over the previous iteration. Now for the first time we do. The Air was very thin and an awesome form factor. There was no need to make the Air 2 even thinner at the cost of two hours of battery life.Same with the iPhone 6. No need to make it thinner than the 6+. Keep them both the same and give them equivalent our close to equivalent battery life.
The other major issue IMHO is that Apple seems really stuck on thinner which is really dumb. For the Air 2 to have significantly less battery life than the Air just to make it thinner is a bad choice. Same with the iPhone 6. Maker it as thick as the 6+ and improve the battery life. Thinner is not always better.
If that's the case there's going to be a lot of very angry people who will have bought the Mini 3 before this mid stream update. If this is a place holder they should have added the finger print scanner and either held the price or upped it $25 till the A8 version was ready.
Yes, gotta agree the ever thinning phone is not the greatest idea. At some point until we get truly flexible phones you need enough structure to hold up.
Given the current climate of NSA snooping etc, I think many people will be quite reluctant to being monitored constantly when that info can be obtained by NSA etc. This may well impact the attractiveness of this device, if that is it's primary function.
What's missing in all this is that another year has passed without any new innovations from Apple. Since Tim took over the only new thing we've had is fingerprint addition to the iPhone. Aside from that we've only had are size, spec and performance changes/increases. Yes, they are great products, but time for something new.
Oh, I won't and I don't think many will. Have an Incipio case for my mini that cost far less than even just the cover and is much better as a stand than Apple's three fold cover. I'm just surprised at their jacking the price $30 for the Air case. Seems unwarranted.
Oh, and $70 and $80 for the cases is waaaay over the top IMO.
Be interesting to see the ratio of the retina model to the regular with the $100 premium.