or Connect

Posts by Captain J

Dunno what you're talking about. People buy expensive watches as a status symbol. The functionality is no better than a $25 watch. Apple Watch will be bought for its functionality and that will change fairly quickly making the one you bought two or three years ago obsolete. It's the more capabilities that make it vulnerable to obsolescence. Case indeed closed
But the function of your Breitling was not and will not be surpassed by a new model every year or two. The Apple Watch will be. A Breitling bought 30 years ago is just as functional as one bought today. That will not be true of the Apple Watch or any other so called smart watch
Same chip though and that's what this thread is about
I agree. I did put that caveat in further up in the thread. However, even if it is upgradable if the form factor changes it will have an effect on how people view their watch.
He's already said they won't disclose sales figures since they're lumping it in with tv and other misc products
Agreed. That's why I find the 30 to 40 million chip order highly unlikely.
No but it won't run the latest apps or the newest OS. For many that's a big deal especially on a device that may cost up to five grand.
Based on Apple's past numbers for new products (iPhone, iPad) and the hype they're giving the watch, it's hard to see less than 10 million being anything but a failure.
Based on it being a first gen device that brings little to the table that the iPhone, wick you have to have with the watch anyway, doesn't already do. Unless the chips are upgradable this will be obsolete within two years. What major functionality did it bring that would make one want to spend $350 and way up to buy one?
An iPad has significantly more functionality than does the watch. Almost every function on the watch is already present inn the iPhone which you need anyway with the watch. The iPad stands on its own and has functionality that cannot be duplicated elsewhere. Two totally different areas of use