or Connect

Posts by Bagman

Fallacious assumption: you assume that just because I choose to have my data ported to my ipad that I will use more data - wrong. You also assume (perhaps not) that it costs more to tether (it doesn't, and only uses a bit more battery life from the tethering device, so I'm told). I use MyWi tethering exclusively to get weather nexrad images just before flights. I can get the same weather updates on my iphone4 that I do on my ipad2, but it is more convenient to use the...
Yeah, I understand the wording of the contract, I just bristle at the idea that it somehow costs ATT/Verizon more for one device or the other. I can see charging for multiple devices if it did, but it clearly doesn't. The only reason they have kept their unlimited plans this long is merely due to competition for new and renewal business, but hopefully, Sprint (and perhaps T-Mobile, if they get the iphone5) will keep unlimited plans in the mix of choices for the consumer....
Yes, that is how they find out, and start emailing those who seem to be excessive data downloaders. Don't know if they detect more tablet users, vs laptops, but I suspect it is the former.
Spare me your boyscout outrage: I have an unlimited plan on my iphone4: why should I pay for the same, exact data that I happen to choose to port through my ipad2 ? I am not using both at the same time, so it costs ATT or Verizon NOTHING extra to port through one or the other. It is, plain and simple, greed on the part of the carriers - nothing more. That is why MyWi, TetherMe, and others, came into being in the first place, and costs ATT/Verizon nothing extra for those...
Does TetherMe still (inaccurately) advertise that they can keep ATT from knowing your data usage? So much for that plan. I use so very little, that I hope they don't notice, and, like you, if they do, I will just give it up, since I can get by without tethering, and hope I can keep my unlimited plan. I doubt they will continue to allow this, especially when they get "true" 4G - that is when they will be salivating at the extra data charges they will inflict on EVERYONE. I...
You are within warranty anyhow on the ipad2, so you can if you want. I notice it in a dark room only, so don't feel the need to exchange it - not really an issue with 99% of users, for sure.
Did you actually get an email from ATT, as mentioned before, or did you decide to drop your mywi tethering with jailbreaking? I have miwi, but only use it occasionally, and very little data at that (for my ipad2 when flying my plane), so I've never received any email from ATT - just assumed they were looking for heavy downloading to harrass with the email. Did you fall into that group, or did you just use your mywi for occasional tethering?I'll have to give up my mywi...
I'm sure what he meant was Jerry's inexcusable refusal to accept Microsoft's huge offer (one of the worst blunders in modern times), which speaks volumes about his questionable business acumen regarding the management of Yahoo. Obviously, ego must have played a part here also.
"Hello Steve, Are you still interested in the deal you made us awhile back? Steve...Steve (?!)...... Seen on Craigslist: Banner Ad division for sale cheap - other items thrown in for free. Call now - no, PLEASE call now.
Trouble is, Apple will have to find a destruct technology that is small and thin (plastique?), and doesn't drain the battery (at least until activated).Hey, Mission Impossible has had that technology for decades. "This iphone will self-destruct in ten, nine, eight ......"