or Connect

Posts by Bagman

At 16 PE: $404 At 15 PE: $379 We'll see how low the Wall Street crooks can get it over the next few weeks to cover their shorts.
Consensus by the folks who are the leaders in "predictions" actually has Apple at over 26B in revenue, and over 17M in iphones, as well as over 8M ipads (although many have pegged this at almost 10M). Anyhow, it will be a blowout (again), compared to last year, and add about $3.00EPS. The KEY is what wall street will peg the PE ratio at? If it goes back down to 15 again, Apple will settle down at $360. If it stays near 16PE, it will rise to $384. Who knows what the...
Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking.
There are actually so many new, and relatively untested, technologies involved in the 787 as to make your argument somewhat specious, but we certainly get your point. Hopefully, Apple recognizes what suppliers need to receive in order to prosper - it does Apple no good at all to drive a company out of business, but, in the technology arena, many competing suppliers reward the most cost efficient, and economies of scale drive down your costs - so Apple can reasonably expect...
Yes, I recognize that volume discounts are at play here, and certainly make supply and demand projections difficult. Luckily, the volume is high enough, and alternative suppliers are available elsewhere, to make such cost reductions possible - for if you are the only supplier (and can foresee being so for a long time) you can refuse such requests to reduce your price, regardless of the volume supplied. Hopefully, such monopolistic suppliers are few, and Apple diversified...
Last time I checked my econ book, it said that when demand outstrips supply, the cost of the items go up accordingly. Only someone as strong as Apple can attempt to upend that truism, and have enough clout to back it up. Only Apple, having alternative suppliers, will keep this supply-side price creep in check (hopefully). Also, keeping other suppliers working (secretly) on the next iterations of the components, keeps the suppliers from raising the price through the roof,...
I use the ipad2 to help eliminate the constant fiddling with paper in the cockpit (I still carry backup paper charts and plates). It is a custom mount I made with the help of a mounting system manufactured in Australia. It is removable, which I prefer to do during takeoff and landing, preferring to use paper approach plates on a separate holder that mounts in its place. The ipad works beautifully, and gives me a GPS location on the ipad2 chart, which is useful for...
It's actually quite clear your insensitive criticism is the pathetic issue here. Don't ever expect to be hired at Apple until you've become more civil.
It can't be wifi lag, because there is virtually no lag on playing online racing on RR2. There are, however, already a few complaints from gamers on RR2 that racers are suddenly streaking ahead, or doing funny things, which are related to server lag and poor router connections, because being near the wireless router makes all the difference with my setup. I can't play RR2 from my living room over the router network, which is upstairs in my office - I lose connection too...
I have also tried to play RR2 on the ipad2 with a dongle and HDMI cable - not practical, as the cable pulls out the connection, particularly with a racing game that fully utilizes the ipad as a steering wheel. Can someone enlighten me on why the Apple TV is not yet wireless 1080i/p, which would make large screen tvs the perfect wireless gaming platform for the ipad2 ?