or Connect

Posts by Bagman

As for us general aviation pilots, my friends and I (lots of certified flight instructors also) now use the ipad for teaching and flight planning. I am now going to buy the ipad2 (my first ipad), so that I can take advantage of the EFB capability. The very excellent Foreflight app will have all the necessary charts, and will finally show your plane on the chart and taxi diagrams, at much cheaper prices than Jeppesen. Being able to hotspot tether the ipad2 with my...
Went in to ATT this weekend, and they said that it would cost $45 for hotspot activation, which completely turns me off. I was planning on buying an ipad2 this weekend (don't have an ipad1), and I heard another rumor about being able to "port" over my unlimited iphone4 plan (whatever that means). ATT would be better served by trying to keep all the iphone folks they currently have, by enticing them to buy a 3G ipad2 at ATT, and let them keep unlimited hotspot at no extra...
Apparently you don't see anyone's point at all. I can't believe you would criticize and ridicule a poster for bringing up a perfectly valid point - namely, he was concerned that the thinness would lead to breakage. This is a very on-point comment, considering that no one at Apple bothered to tell folks that the iPhone 4 would break quite easily due to the elegant glass facing, which could very well cause folks concern, considering the sizeable investment in the...
Nothing about patient/doctor confidentiality was revealed, only my observations on their personalities after exams were completed. I'm well aware of confidentiality issues.
Paul Otellini (Intel) was up in Oregon, preparing for Obama's visit. The whole shindig was carefully orchestrated to show Obama is friendly toward tech, and his announcement today in Oregon of Otelini as head of a "Jobs Council" was his "proof" that he is serious about......(drum roll, something we have never heard before)....JOBS, JOBS, JOBS (not just Steve, of course). "We'll see", said the blind man.
Makes you wonder if Obama would have invited Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina if they had still been CEO's of Ebay and HP. Very prominently and obviously missing is the new CEO of HP, Léo Apotheker (but they would have had to separate him from Ellison by a long shot). Would love to know the inside reason for slighting the CEO of one of the largest tech companies in the world, particularly since they were instrumental in the birth of silly valley.
Doerr is to Ellison's right (he does wear glasses - he was a patient of mine). I'm an Optometrist.
Zuckerberg and Doerr are patients of mine, and I know Schmidt from when he was taking pilot training. Zuckerberg was a bit introverted, and we did not discuss anything to do with Facebook - couldn't judge his personality very deeply. Doerr, on the other hand, was intelligent, social, and engaging, and figured out some of the technicalities of my profession (Optometry) while I was doing the testing - blew me away. At the end of the exam, I opined that he had the best and...
Actually, the guy to the right of Ellison is John Doerr, and the guy on the far left end is Schmidt. Doerr is one of the sharpest people I've ever met.
Has a global standard for NFC in credit cards been developed and adopted yet? What about encryption standards? Will Apple's NFC be "more secure" than others, so much that a standards war is imminent? I'll wait for a long time before I take a chance on someone eavesdropping on my credit card transactions. Is it so much of a bother to pull out the credit card, rather than the phone, just to run the transaction? Also, how many of you have to show ID with your credit card...