or Connect

Posts by Bagman

You are correct, in that it required a review by Palo Alto on ALL structures built before 1940, scheduled for demolition. Unfortunately, Palo Alto went a little overboard, and fully 2/3rds of those were either designated historic structures or contributing structures (which was a nebulous and ill-defined term at best), preventing basically 2/3rds of those stuctures from being demolished. I don't know, but would guess that the uproar (it was in 1997) caused cooler heads to...
Ah the perennial debate about when something morphs from being "Junk" to "Antique" in the minds of the beholder. For awhile I believe Palo Alto had an ordinance that dictated that any structure before a certain date (1940 if I recall) would be considered "historic". This raised a ruckus and I believe cooler heads prevailed and the ordinance was thrown out (not completely sure of all the facts, but it was almost as amusing as the Berkeley City Council and all its...
The best thing they could do RIGHT NOW is put the Nokia brand on all new MS phones. "Nokia - powered by WP7" "WP7 inside" (with apologies to Intel), or some such marketing nonsense. Customers around the world may not even be aware of the MS tie-in, and Nokia gets to continue some semblance of cash-flow until the total integration takes place. It's my feeling that most of the world could care less about software - they just want a phone that works in their neighborhood,...
I think it was obviously in the mind of Nokia awhile back that they needed to get in bed with MS, so hiring Elop made the most sense. Who knows, they may have been more interested in Hurd, but they knew that HP had already bought their way into software with the Palm purchase, so they looked to Redmond finally. I wouldn't be surprised to find out MS had approached Nokia with the idea in the first place. This has more of the ring of marrying heads of state to form...
Exactly, how many would love to see a movie about Steve's life (now, while he can enjoy it)? It would be infinitely more interesting and factual than "Social Network", and would be about a true visionary who started the PC revolution that continues to this day, not about a lucky nerd who stole an idea about a better myspace, was in the right place at the right time, who has less than a decade of experience, and who has such limited social appeal that he makes people...
If I recall (I may be mistaken) a 2% successful sales rate is better than the old direct mail campaigns, which I remember as being only in the 1% range. If so, then it makes sense to continue, even if 2% is your return. In Google Adwords, even 1-2% is considered successful as far as Google is concerned, and will justify the ad cost. I know, because I use Adwords in our practice, and anything over 2-3% is rewarded by Google with lower costs (better "quality score").
May not be revolutionary changes in iPhone 5, as you intimate: perhaps: 1. Faster processor 2. More ram (goes with 1. above, of course) 2. Higher res camera & video (since they are clearly interested in better imagery in still and video capabilities 3. Near field capabilities (but will want to wait until security issues are resolved, so Apple may not be interested at this time, since they rarely move into untested technologies 4. Better antenna - but Consumer Reports...
It's actually California Avenue, near HP, Facebook, and Stanford (as well as my practice , and is a diamond in the rough, but not a big hangout at night like University Ave (yet it will be one day). Best spot for a new business anywhere from San Jose to SF, but not ready for prime-time (and Apple store) just yet. Also near largest ATT store in Silly Valley, whereas Verizon just expanded their store significantly on University Ave.
Don't forget, that already happened in the movie South Park - we declared war on Canada - funny stuff.
Yep, same question "Can you hear me now?" but he never gets an answer now, and starts doing ads for Jenny Craig "before: fat on Verizon, now: sveldt on ATT"