or Connect

Posts by Bagman

Funny stuff. Now do we all need to throw our iphone5's on the stage, dowse with iLighter Fluid (tm) and burn, baby, burn? (with apology to Jimi).
You must have been out of contract. Otherwise the ATT person made a mistake.  How do you really know both are unlocked?  The Apple manager said there is no way to tell without trying out a sim card from another carrier, so I wonder.....
You are correct - my mistake.  It was Deutsche Telekom that I believe I used 2 years ago in Germany, with a sim card for my ipad2, until it started to roam in Austria - so I stopped using it there, and had to wait until I got to Italy to try to find another sim card -- but had zero luck getting a sim that worked from anyone in Venice, so I gave up looking.  Resorted to using Skype from my wi-fi connection when I got back to the hotel each night, which was hit and miss,...
You have to buy it IN PERSON at Apple store. ATT will not have unsubsidized phones for sale for quite awhile. Apple's phones will be no contract and unlocked already, and you can activate your new phone with Att without incurring a new contract commitment. That's exactly what I did.
If you order it online, you risk getting a new contract with ATT, even if you pay full price.  Better to get the phone, like I did, directly from Apple.  I spent over 1 hour on the phone today with 3 -way call (me, ATT, and Apple) to verify that, indeed, my un-subsidized ATT phone purchased last Friday at the Apple store was ALREADY unlocked, and I did not even have to reset it, or go onto itunes to do so.  This was in spite of the fact that I own an iphone4S that is...
Anyone who travels in outlying areas (or overseas) where wifi or cellular connections are unavailable or not utilized, will want to use a paid app anyhow.  The little I paid for Navigon (both domestic and European versions) has been saved many times over by being available everywhere, due to having to rely only on GPS availability, saving a bunch on gas and time spent.  I never liked the Google app for navigation anyhow, due to the lack of turn-by-turn, and because it is...
OK you two, if you don't cut it out right NOW, I'm gonna have to come back there and separate you - so KNOCK IT OFF !
Tell me again why some company is selling a mockup, and why? What next - a Samsung replica of a mockup, with patent infringement lawsuits to follow? Insanity!
If you don't want a contract, just get one on ebay.  There are a multitude of price points for auction, and buy-it-now prices.  You are also protected from fraudulent sellers by the necessity of using PayPal (which I hate, but it is the only way you can use ebay anymore).  Just look for a few days, build up a watch list, and see what they are selling for before purchasing, and you will get an excellent idea of what to pay.  Used, excellent condition, iphone4S's are going...
Do you really think the carriers are paying the same price to Samsung for the SIII as for the iPhone5? No Way!