or Connect

Posts by Bagman

Good one. And I like the new slogan for ATT (post 4.0.1 software update): ....."ATT has Less Bars in More Places! And Apple's new entreaty ........"No Bars in Redwood City - EVER
Spin control - Jobs is good at it. He said nothing that anyone hadn't already known, except to deny any prior knowledge of the problem, and promised nothing other than they were going to continue working to make the antenna issue less of an issue - and you get a free case (sorry, we can't take a hit on our bumper gross margins), so you get a nifty 50 cent case for your trouble. They are obviously working on version 2 of the iP4, and I will wait until there is a hint of...
They may indeed be providing a bumper refund, but they will NOT be providing a free bumper with each new purchase (until Sep 30th - or longer perhaps - he left this open-ended). The freebe will be a 3rd party case, because he said they do not have enough bumpers to go around (from the live blog of the event, which may or may not be accurate, of course)
Did some of you even read the transcript: They are NOT giving away Bumpers, only 3rd party cases, which are very cheap - the reason (supposedly) is because they don't have enough bumpers (BS). The cases are less than $1 to make, and the bumpers are high quality, multi-material, precision cases - totally different, and much costlier to make. This means Apple will still make a bunch of money, because no one will want to use the cheapo case, even if free. Loved his...
If I were King (of Prussia or whereever), and I believed the head of the special film and coatings division of Bayer International (whom I spoke with) I would coat the antenna with urethane, which is one of the hardest and most durable of polymer coatings and should protect it and provide a modicum of insulation.
Now it's "Less Bars in More Places", and "No Bars, Please, in Redwood City".
Just upgraded my 3Gs to 4.01. I can hold it lightly at bottom and get it to drop from 3 to 2 or 1 bar consistently and at will. Don't have my iP4 anymore to do side by side comparison, but would surmise this software fix is bogus, unless it is specific to iP4, which is highly unlikely, considering reports that are already coming in, like the youtube video in the previous post.
Simple (old and wise stock market axiom): The reaction to the news is more important than the news itself. However, traders have distorted this somewhat in modern times, and often the first reaction to the news is a head fake, allowing traders to establish positions that are guaranteed to shake shares from weaker to stronger hands. Ergo: (after initial head fake has occurred): Stock drops big time after the news conference: Jobs' fix is hoakam, and the market knows...
What site is that? I tried like hell to get my 3Gs back to 3.1.3, but I had to purchase a used 3Gs from ebay, which had 4.0 already installed. Even flashing my PC back to the point when I had iTunes 9.1 and had used my 3G phone on 3.1.3 did no good on trying to get my 3Gs to revert back to 3.1.3. Even downloading the 3.1.3 file from the internet sources did no good, as it gave an error message partway through, saying that this version was unavailable anymore to this...
Geez, I didn't know I'd run into someone so quickly on this board who dismisses anyone who disagrees with him/her with "spare us all the whining". Since when has reasonable discourse, debate, and the rationale presentation of reasonable arguments made you so uncomfortable as to dismiss a simple recourse laden with facts, not opinion, and made you label those who disagree with you as "whiners"? As for your observation that there are no statistics to show a considerable...