or Connect

Posts by Bagman

I have gotten every iP4 phone I've encountered (3 so far) to drop off in download, with a simple touching of the dreaded G spot. I've gotten it to do so within one block of the flagship Apple store here in Palo Alto (yes, the one Steve visited on June 24), and within one block of the flagship Palo Alto ATT store in the heart of Silly Valley. Please don't tell me it only happens to a few - I don't believe it, and, if you wish me to believe it try it yourself if you are in...
Don't think so. "How bout a guaranteed purchase of millions Right now, by Apple. Guaranteed free press (priceless actually) for manufacturer at no loss to them, with potential increased sales. The bumper is high quality, and incorporates buttons seemlessly. Can't hurt.
Notice that they waited until after the cessation of aftermarket trading to make this announcement, to allow the pros to set themselves up for a hoped for boost in Aapl stock tomorrow, pre open. Never fails.
I was not charged any restocking fee.
I don't believe it is only an issue on selected ip4's, because I have been able to duplicate it on every ip4 I've seen here in my office (granted, I've only seen 3 or 4, but all had the problem under identical locations). That seems to indicate that, when tested in similar circumstances, you can probably get every one of them to drop reception, or at least drop downloading speed (which is what annoys me the most - I don't make enough calls to be able to respond...
Actually, I believe they are waiting on the "software non-fix" until just after earnings report on July 20th. Because the testers will then be able to really lambast ATT and Apple for, respectively: deceiving the owners as to the true bar strength, and that software won't fix the reception problem at all. Just remember, in the stock market: it is the reaction to the news that counts, not the news itself. Apple is nothing if not a shrewd PR machine (however, this time they...
You are correct: to clarify, I had to go one block away from the Apple store and only 30 yards away from the ATT store to demonstrate it. I received mine on June 23rd, and returned it on July 9th. I don't appreciate your questioning my integrity.
Lest anyone think me a troll or fanboy, here's my post from earlier today on Marketwatch: "It's nice to finally have an independent (sort of) testing agency validate my comments, which I've been making since around June 24th or so. People have accused me of: Never owning an iPhone 4 (have since June 23rd) Not knowing anything about research (I've done over 20 years of same) Being an Apple hater (have almost 100% of my stock in Apple, and have since before the ip4 was...
No, there is no restocking fee. I paid nothing to return mine, and they refunded my protective cover charge and the Applecare charge (which they weren't obligated to do. ATT went out of their way to help me reverse the iP4 purchase. I'm back to my original 3Gs and original contract term, which ends in Sept. If they fix the hardware issue, I'll be back for the new version. My 3Gs is lame by comparison in every way but decreased signal strength when touching the dreaded "3G...
Are you kidding? I demonstrated it to both the Apple store guys and the ATT store guys before returning it for a refund. Denial anyone?