or Connect

Posts by Bagman

It won't happen at an Apple or ATT store (I tried). However, mine dropped downloading altogether within one block of both stores, and was repeatable, just with one finger on the left seam.
Just talked to a business development exec at Bayer MaterialScience(a division of Bayer). His specialty is coatings & adhesives. He thinks their urethane coatings are tailor made to coat the antenna and solve the problem. He said he will try to get his boss to contact Jobs, if they are at all receptive. Apple must surely be aware of this option, because urethanes are tough enough to handle the wear, whereas other coatings may not be.
OK I just visited the ATT store yesterday. Indicated 5 bars there and I had no problem w downloading 3g webpages. Left store, went 50 yards away (no buildings or obstructions anywhere around and same 5 bars indicated) and- download stopped cold while touching bottom left antenna (decreased to 2 bars shown). Downloading resumed immediately after lifting finger. Duplicated again to verify results. So -- you tell me this is a software fix? Don't believe it.
I don't make that many calls to know for sure, but my issue is definitely with the 3G downloading of webpages. If I touch the bottom left, it IMMEDIATELY stops downloading, and freezes, even though the "download icon" at the top keeps twirling around. If I lift my finger, it immediately starts downloading the webpage. This happens no matter how many seconds it takes for the signal bars to register a downward revision in in strength. This is highly repeatable, and makes...
Yep - Don't get me wrong, because the Apple store in Palo Alto is one of the best in the area, as is the ATT store - they have to be to exist in the heart of Silly Valley. The Apple guys were cordial, but weren't entirely buying my explanation, since they cannot get the same problem in the store (probably an ATT cellphone tower built into the woodwork, for all I know). Same issue at ATT - this means everyone who goes down to these stores is likely to get the "rolling of...
Not entirely - I just thought that Apple should be more willing to offer a solution, but they weren't even interested in talking to me, even though I had bought one of their Apple care warranty agreements. I then realized that they were correct in steering me back to ATT, since the original 30 days was in effect, after which you will find that ATT will not deal with it, and will send you to the Apple store for warranty issues. I accept their explanation, but It is a...
(am a big Apple fan and stockholder, so am distressed to report): I took my ip4 down to the Apple store in Palo Alto (yes, the one Jobs visited on the first day of sales). I could not duplicate the constant problem with reception there, and was annoyed they said they could not help me on an Apple warranty issue, but that I would have to return to ATT to resolve it, since I bought it from them - oh well). ATT will (after much browbeating) take back my phone next week...