or Connect

Posts by nealg

GG,   You always seem to take the anti-Apple slant to things without talking about the negative impact on any other parties. Also, I am not sure how you come your opinion based on the information presented. You would have to explain your opinion better to not come off as purely trolling.   My basis of understanding of FRAND is this   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_and_non-discriminatory_licensing   Based on my what I am reading, as a reasonable person, seeing...
Apple has become the lightning rod for not only the financial press but also, it seems, the US Senate. Apple, because of its size, has become a target for everybody. It would be interesting to see a fair assessment of what other corporate biggies pay as a percentage of tax of their earnings compared to Apple. I wonder if that isn't something that Apple should be looking at doing?
It would seem to me that Apple has more of a perception problem. Partly because of the share price, people equate that with how well Apple is doing and haven't looked to see that the past 2 quarters were the best revenue producing quarters in its history for that particular quarter.   The perception problem is worse at Apple because their best spokesman is no longer alive. I think Cook is doing an excellent job at Apple on most fronts. On the perception front, he...
If he wants to come back, can get his mind back into it and is thought to be the right guy for the job, then hire him. Maybe he doesn't get to be the big cheese but maybe a consultant.   Don't know how much of the JC Penny fiasco was his own fault and how much was the culture there or possibly a combination of the two. Never been one of my favorite stores. My sister in law was let go 6 months before she would have been eligible for a pension(but I will say I don't...
Both Samsung and Apple are doing well in the phone business. Samsung and Apple are not going away in the phone business anytime soon. Both companies have had a successful strategy when it comes to their "connected" business.   With that being said, is it so hard for some to believe that the definition of the phone that is included in the article is somewhat hazy making a real comparison difficult? Also different writers have biases both pro and anti Apple as well as...
Sounds very reasonable to me on the big acquisition front.   On the small company front, with what Cook says they are doing, I am wondering how long the lockup period for key employees to stay on board?   I also hope they discuss with the company what plans they have for them. It would be a terrible shock to get bought for doing one thing and then find out you are going to be doing something else. I would think that is something that Apple would have to do in...
What will happen is that Samsung will copy this and claim prior art or that doing things this way was inevitable so that is the reason why they copied. Apple haters will say Apple should share because Apple doesn't innovate or some other claim, like Samsung, that this was obvious and shouldn't be able to be patented.
If you were an investor, then maybe this column might make some sense to you.   http://mac360.com/2013/01/the-obvious-but-hidden-secrets-behind-apples-record-numbers-and-stock-price-crash/   If you are an Apple hater, for whatever reason, you can revel in the share price drop. But all the things you mention in the part "if you were an investor", if you honestly look at the data from the CC and earnings report, are not really problems for Apple but that is just my...
I think the expectation, rightly or wrongly, for Apple was 50 million phones for the quarter. When they didn't hit that number, for some people, it didn't matter what else Apple reported, especially since so much of Apple's revenues are tied to the iPhone. I think this is one part of the reason for the sell off.   I think the other reason for the sell off is the guidance. The upper end of the guidance range gives Apple only a 10% increase in revenues over the same...
  I will hazard a guess that one source is named Sam and the other source is named Sung