or Connect

Posts by nealg

but could it be that Apple couldn't sell enough/build enough to make this profitable and that is why this line is being discontinued? I am sure that for those that committed to this product this announcement is a real pain. I see some thinking that this means that Apple will stop developing for OS X server but I honestly don't see that. Would Apple have come out with their other server products if this was the case? Who was most of Apple's server business with anyway...
I think Apple bought a chinese software gaming company earlier this year and if that is correct, then this might help with the adoption of Apple iOs devices in China. With the launch of the Apple China app store, this should also help Apple get a leg up in China. As to the other markets, one of the strong points of games made for iOs vs the other console games is the cost. I don't mind spending a buck or two(or slightly more on the iPad) for a game. The console games...
Didn't Apple buy a Chinese software gaming company earlier this year? This could tie in with the other story this morning about Apple's threat to nintendo. It would seem that Apple is serious about this market. The next year in China for Apple should be interesting.
in so little time. Interesting how the fans on either side of this debate are taking this so seriously and are unwilling to debate reasonably. Some questions to throw out there that defend this HP tablet. Haven't there been tablets that have run Windows products before(I am asking the question because I don't know)? If so, why haven't these tablets sold well previously and what is different about this tablet that would make it sell better than previous models, if...
Sounds like sort of a mixed bag. Sounds like there is a lot right here but a lot missing as well. Those that must have a msft product will buy this others will go with iPhone or android. Doesn't sound compelling so don't think many will switch because of this. Maybe if msft took some of their 500 million dollar advertising campaign and spent on actual development, the phone software could compete more readily and they wouldn't have to advertise the heck out of the...
I looked up the number of authorized shares for Apple and the last I could find was that Apple is authorized for 1.8 billion shares. Presently, there are over 900 million shares outstanding. So as a correction for my previous post, there are enough shares for a 3 for 2 split but not for a 2 to 1 split of Apple stock. Neal
Apple increases the number of authorized shares available. I don't think they even have enough for a 3 for 2 split at this time if I am not mistaken. You will know when Apple will do a split when they go to shareholders and ask for an increase in the number of authorized shares available. The new shares will be either for a stock split or as an inducement to get SJ to stay Neal
Hit the nail on the head with this. This is confirmation from MSFT that the Mac platform can't be ignored, especially in the consumer space. Given how much Ballmer has tried to ignore Apple and its products, it is a tremendous turnaround in philosophy for MSFT. Neal
Doesn't matter if you think of the ipad as a computer or not. As a shareholder, what matters to me is that every device that Apple makes is selling well and most of them, in record numbers for margins that other manufacturers aren't seeing. And that is the reason the share price is over $300 right now. I think people are losing the forest for the trees here. Neal
Will security be an issue on this new phone? I don't know and probably no one else does either but is this a concern, especially since this is MSFT, or is this not an issue right now? Anyone care to speculate? Neal