or Connect

Posts by nealg

Different things are needed by different groups. Consumers will want a nice browsing experience as well as easy switching between functions on the phone. Businesses will need specific apps for their own business and will need the ability to write those apps for themselves easily enough. I haven't seen anything on how well the phone really works in the hands of consumers/business. I don't trust the media to be fair, one way or the other, about how the phones really...
I think there are some who treat the platform wars like religious differences. Their ideas have to be right so everybody else, no matter what the evidence, is wrong. Pretty silly whether you are an Apple nut or a Msft nut. Ignoring the best tools for the job without good reason comes at a price. If people have an Android device and have a good number of apps purchased, it may not make sense to try to go with an iPad if the android tablet does what you want it to do. To...
The big appeal for this device is that it is not an Apple iPad. Everybody is trying to be first to market with something that is not an iPad to appeal to the anti Apple crowd. Neal
You would think if this was a consumer device that they would have tried to get it out for the holiday shopping season so I am thinking it is more business device, especially since it is wifi only and needs to be tied to a blackberry if there is no wifi around. What they showed of the os looked nice but it is hard to get any feel for what it can really do. I will have to see about that. No idea on the cost of this thing but if it is more of a business device, it may...
Elmer Dewitt in Forbes is reporting that the pre order number is up to 200,000. The 50,000 order number is the number of reorders on the first day of pre orders. I would say with this in mind, having more than a thousand show up and wait in line is a good number. I wonder if Apple will report first day sales numbers for China? My guess is we will hear a number reported from Apple if they exceed expectations.
It will be interesting to see what rimm comes up with and how their os works, especially their browser, since I have heard surfing on a blackberry is a bit of a pain. It will also be interesting to see how many and what platforms will be successful and supported because my feelings are that it isn't just the device but the integration of the os with it's ecosystem. This is where Apple and Android have a big advantage. How many black pads need to be sold for it to be...
Social networking is not realty my cup of tea since I don't belong to any of the networks but it would seem to me, with the lack of any real information out there and everything being total speculation, that this could just be two companies competing to try to get the best deal for their individual companies.
Liked the concept of the ad, but for whatever reason, didn't like the implementation. Maybe if MSFT has a more modern representation of riding in to save the day it might be more effective. Also, the little bit of the phone that I saw had the same tiling stuff that I saw as part of the kin phone which I didn't like the look of before. For MSFT's sake, hopefully they will implement it well. I will take a look at it when it comes out and see what the feel of their new os...
There can be a lot of wiggle room with what Jobs meant by activations. No matter how you decide to slice the pie, it still comes out as a big revenue number for Apple. As a long term investor in Apple, that is most important right now. Counting in the speculation As to how well the macs are selling, it should be a very nice quarter for Apple with better things to come in the dec quarter. jmo though. Good luck Neal
Assad, Rightly or wrongly, I took activations as using iTunes or with a carrier. When i did my off the cuff calculations, I used 2miilion ipads per month because that is how many they have ramped up to, 3 million iPhones per month since they were selling 100,000 per day so that would leave around 2million iPod touches per month to make a total of 7 million ios devices per month. Using an average price of $600 dollars per iPhone and iPad and 300 dollars per iPod touch, I...