or Connect

Posts by nealg

that Apple TV is more of an upgrade than a revolution. But it is a significant upgrade. From the broadcast(and maybe I misheard), it seems like Apple was just listening to what present AppleTV users were wanting from a new device and gave it to them. I wonder(and am guessing that they did go to others as well) if they went to people were thinking about Apple TV and asked what would it take for them to buy one. I am not sure if I will try out an Apple TV or not but if I...
This will be an interesting experiment for Apple with video downloads to see what people will pay for. I am sure that Apple has done its research on this. The 99 cent model would seem like a good one, if true. Most people don't mind spending a buck on something to try it out. And if Apple is correct and most people don't want to watch their shows multiple times(like they listen to their purchased music), a cheaper rental model should be a good one. I am sure that there...
You have to admit that MSFT has brought a lot of this doubt on themselves with their kin phone debacle so at least some of the doubt is well justified. If the new os is similar to that on their kin phone, to me, it would seem somewhat clunky but that is just me. Have you actually played around with the new os or is all your experience with it from what others have written or from demos? I have seen some demos from MSFT for a iPad like device which were total mockups and...
MSFT needs to do this or be left out in the mobile market which is the next big thing. The handwriting is on the wall and that is why they are throwing big money at this. It is that important. Look how important mobile profits are to Apple. The amount of money they are willing to spend is a sign of desperation. My own opinion is that the success or failure of wp7 will be related to the software itself. The factvthat MSFT is not doing the hardware as well does put them...
It is interesting how gadgets are better than Apple gadgets when they are announced but never or hardly ever when they actually get released.
I thought the number of phones sold was 1.7 million over the first 3 days, not 3.7 million.
One other part of this whole equation. While the iPhone 4 is what most are focusing on, I haven't seen anyone talk about how the 3GS is selling. After the new phone had been on sale for a short bit, we needed to go into the ATT store and adjust one of our plans. On talking with the store rep, he said that even though 3GS sales slowed down a little just before the iPhone 4 launch, they were still selling a good amount of the 3GS. Some of the 3GS are still being sold....
As a provider of consumer electronics, from my standpoint, Sony has done very poorly the last several years. Sony used to be a quality brand but I had nothing but trouble with all the Sony stuff that I had purchased several years ago so I stopped buying Sony electronic products. Don't have a clue about their VAIO systems but they seem to garner some respect in the PC world but I have never been interested in them. Their gaming systems were different. The PS2 was nice...
Is this business as usual for MSFT or are they becoming more worried about Apple's successes, especially in the mobile platform arena and trying to stem the tide of marketshare losses? My reading of the tea leaves is that MSFT is more worried, especially given the most recent failure of the kin phone. They really have a lot riding on the introduction of their new mobile platform. And there is also google(android) and hp(palm) to compete with so it isn't just Apple that...
If free for iPod touch owners, I doubt that they will charge iPad owners for the upgrade. There may be features that can't be used, like facetime, without adding some extra equipment(which I think is a possibility that Apple or some third party might come up with) but I think Apple will want as many people as possible on the new OS. It would seem this is another one of those rumors brought up strictly to hurt Apple's share price, from my perspective. Especially since it...