or Connect

Posts by nealg

The numbers presented for the trial, I believe, are for the infringing products only. There are probably other phone sales of products that don't infringe but I will bet they are much lower priced feature phones instead of smart phones.
I think these numbers probably explain the 2.5 billion that Apple is asking for in this suit. 2.5 billion would probably be the likely profit that Samaung made on the sales of the infringing devices in the US. Is this a case where the damages may be trebled if Apple wins? Maybe, if Apple wins, they can do a worldwide deal with Samsung on the patents/trademarks associated with this case and a lot of these lawsuits can be put to rest.
Personally, I would miss the optical drive. I watch the movies on my iMac. I upgraded my iMac at the end of last year so this is not a problem for me. My wife's iMac is due for replacement this year and I can't remember the last time she used the DVD player so for her, if it didn't have an optical drive, it would be ok. For me, I would probably get an external optical drive if the iMac did not have the option of a built in drive when it comes time to replace my present...
Are there any of Apple's suppliers whose stock price hasn't had a big run up that are still good values to invest in?
Very funny stuff.   Maybe Apple can play it as part of their closing arguments
The first argument was that Samsung didn't copy Apple. From the chart, any reasonable person who disagrees with that statement is not being honest and should not be taken seriously. The next argument is that Apple shouldn't be allowed to patent rectangles with rounded edges. As your chart points out, Apple is more than just protecting a rectangle with rounded edges.   The real question for Samsung and this trial is whether Apple's patents are valid and did Samsung copy...
If someone writes a term paper after doing a ton of research and someone else gets a hold of the paper and writes a paper based on what the original person wrote, I think most would see it is plagiarism and who is in the right and who is in the wrong. To me, it appears that Samsung got a hold of Apple's work and copied it. Now, it also doesn't matter if they just copied one part of the paper or not, it would still be wrong and considered plagiarism. To me, if Samsung has...
I would imagine that Samsung's lawyers are good at what they do so that makes me wonder what else could they be up to?   Are they looking for a mistrial and hoping this case goes to a different judge? Are they trying to goad the judge into making a legal mistake so they set up an appeal? As some has said, are they trying to pollute the jury with excluded evidence?  Or is there some other strategic reason for doing this that we are just not seeing? Is this a...
I have had the thought, although I don't think Apple is really doing this, that maybe the reason for the delay in the new desktops is to have them introduced around the time that Windows 8 is introduced and possible get some more people to switch. That goes along with your ad campaign.
It sounds like a nice idea having the phone and desktop run the same OS. It will be interesting to see if MSFT is successful with this. I haven't seen much written about how the 2 interact. It would be nice to hear about that. But Tim Cook's line about the toaster and the refrigerator keeps bouncing around my head and I think this will be a problem for MSFT. I see some say that they like Metro but I see more saying that they don't. Some people are being honest and some...