or Connect

Posts by nealg

Anyone else find it interesting and ironic that it is a Canadian city replacing a Canadian product with an Apple/American product? I would bet they thought long and hard before making this switch. And if it was just switching to a tablet, they could have gone with a RIMM tablet. The fact they went with an Apple tablet may mean that the ecosystem, as well as ease and cost of use, is important as well to the purchasing decisions made. Also, the data cost savings will be...
Sales have probably been good for the kindle fire. It is the most popular kindle and they must have sold at least 4 million kindles in December so that would probably put the Fire's numbers at least at 1.5 million during the month. Definitely more successful than any other tablet launch sans the iPad. The thing that will probably be more telling is what the return rate is. If the return rate is as high as some of the scuttlebutt out there, this will not have been a very...
The new iPhone was not available for half of the time period mentioned in the data so it may not be an accurate representation of what is really happening. It could be the same as looking at the sales data for just the 2 weeks after the iPhone 4S launch. It would probably favor Apple but wouldn't mean as much looking at overall trends. What would be interesting is to see the data broken down by country by month. If the November data was looking more promising, that...
It will be interesting to see how well the Windows phone does with Nokia doing the design. I have seen good and bad things said about the OS so it will be interesting to see what happens when it actually gets into consumers hands here. Has it gotten any traction where it has been on sale for this holiday season? For me, I can't get past the asymmetry of the opening screen that I have seen screenshots of. There is just something about it that just bothers me to the point...
Personally, I don't like the present structure about giving big tax breaks to lure companies to different areas of the country but that is the necessary evil of the system that we have now. It tends to undercut the tax base that is needed for local services and building and maintaining infrastructure. In order to really know what the deal means in the short and long term, there are many variables that are unknown, at least from the information that was presented in the...
The Kindle Fire sounds like a nice device if all you want to do is web surfing, reading and maybe watching some movies. If it works as advertised, it should sell well. There are some questions for me though. What was the intent of this study? How many here are clear about what the poll was trying to ask and what their results were? I have read the article a couple of times from a couple of different sources and I am still not sure what they meant or were measuring. Or...
AppleTards sound like a great dessert. Can you get them in State college Or maybe they are leotards with an Apple logo on them.
Biggest problem for RIMM, from the reports I have read, is that they put out an unfinished product at premium prices. It could have worked if there wasn't any other tablet around but the iPad has been around now for 1.5 years and people aren't going to pay a premium for something that appears unfinished. The other thing that I don't understand is the production runs that these companies have ordered for the launch of their products. Why come out with a substantial...
Tim Cook is no longer the COO as mentioned in the last part of the article although maybe he was at the time he gave the quote
As an Apple shareholder, it doesn't matter if the iPhone is considered "cool". As long as the sell through is hot, that is all that matters. Nuff said