or Connect

Posts by nealg

Great growth overall, phenomenal growth in China which will be a very important market for Apple to continue to grow. Wasn’t it the Lenovo CEO who said he was glad Apple wasn’t paying attention to China as a market? He has to be sweating a bit right now.
which system you are on. My phone is through work and Verizon and my wife's phone is separate and it is an iPhone through ATT. There are times where I don't get a signal at all with Verizon and there are areas where my wife doesn't get a good signal. I think both networks have problem areas. And I am going to guess that in certain high use areas, if Verizon takes a certain amount of traffic from ATT, ATT service is going to be better and Verizon's service is going to...
I didn't see anywhere in the news as to how many phones MSFTs partners actually sold to consumers and how many were activated. If they sold many of the 1.5 million phones that were manufactured and ordered, then their App Store has a good chance to be a success. If they didn't sell most of these phones, then it doesn't matter how many Apps there are. Their store will not be a success unless there are sufficient customers. If there are sufficient customers, then the...
but the real numbers I would like to see if how many phones MSFT actually sold and how many apps were sold. If MSFT is going to get any respect here it will be when they honestly report the number of phones actually sold. The numbers of apps in any particular store number can be skewed in any one of a number of ways. But if MSFT sold only 100,000 phones, it wouldn't matter if they had a million apps in their store, there wouldn't be the numbers of consumers to support the...
The next lawsuit against Apple will be a class action by developers for protecting the privacy of its users too much. The fastest growing department at Apple has got to be its legal department. Neal
All very true but then why provide any numbers at all if it adds no clarity to the situation? Providing the numbers like MSFT did in this manner makes it seem like they have something to hide. If Apple and Google can talk about activations per day, I would have to think MSFT has access to the same numbers but has chosen not to report them. Maybe they feel the numbers are too puny in comparison to otherOS phones to report or maybe they just wanted to report a large number...
To me, it doesn't really matter. As an Apple shareholder, what matters most to me is that Apple continues to sell a ton of these things. I can be insulted all the way to the bank.
If someone want a 7 inch tablet this year, then this is probably the tablet to get. Some will buy because of the size factor and some will buy because it isn't an Apple device. It will have some success due to these factors. It will be interesting to see how much success it will really have. 1 other factor to take into account is upgradeability. Android has been real hit or miss on this. I wonder how easily this tablet will accept future upgrades. This may limit it's...
Looking around, it is hard to get a real good idea about how well the new phone is selling. There are sellouts in Europe but don't how how many phones were made and how many were sold. I would think if it was a really good number that MSFT would have released it in a press release. No stories of long lines, 20 phones to a store make it a difficult situation to really assess without the bean counters coming up with an actual number. I haven't seen many on the street reviews...
That the windows phone Was already on sale in Europe. If the sales had been great, I am sure the news would have been full of stories about this. With some stores only having a couple of units and not selling out, the response would seem to be somewhat tepid. I wonder how sales were at the msft stores. I am also wondering what the first production run was like. The ad campaign for the new phone seems to be kicking into high gear. The ads are cute but don't show how the...