or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

Yeah, of course I was playing with expectations. I'm only semi-convinced because Ming says it will happen. MR "reports" aren't evidence enough for me, otherwise. But I believe Apple is design focused enough to find a way to keep their existing bright UIs. Many of the activities we do on a smartphone, like web browsing and watch videos aren't "OLED optimized." And letting that dictate things like UI design feels backward, like letting the tail wag the dog. I'm plenty happy...
Uh oh. Let the Androidification of iOS begin. You will like the new dark theme! Black is your new favorite color! /s
Keep praising Apple, folks. It will cause you-know-who to post something defensive, like how much Google loves Christmas too.
That gave me the warm and fuzzies.
Net loss? Please. Apple is not the technology black hole you spin it to be, unless you promised yourself you'd never buy an Apple product, ever. But don't worry, Microsoft and Samsung are shameless in copying Apple. You'll get some version of this tech, once Apple perfects it.
My conspiracy theory is that Apple didn't buy Faceshift to make orc faces, they want some future FaceTime-camera enabled device to read your face for emotional context.
The real question is: are enough iPad Pro owners "aactually fine" paying $169 for "that thing."Because they'll answer with their wallets. And that's all that matters. If you disagree, you are free to buy something cheaper.All this guessing about Apple's BOM, which doesn't include the cost of design, engineering and marketing, is just the fool's way of trying to sound like they're experts on Apple's supply chain; nobody knows Apple's BOM.
I've said it before but it bears repeating: if you want a great laptop experience, buy a laptop.
End users are not the only people who read iFixit.TFTFY.
I've heard weak arguments from the habitual forum naysayers that claim unrepairable Apple products = landfill. This bothers me when 1) you can recycle electronics, and 2) most electronics I've recycled are obsolete but still fully functional because they made well enough to last the life of the product. In my mind, glue and low "repairability scores" from the likes of iFixit have little impact to what goes into landfills. A public awareness campaign to recycle EOL...