or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

Do you want fries and a drink with your McPhone?
I knew from the headline alone who wrote this article
You think you're so smart. That's how they get you.Read this, and arm yourself with knowledge:http://krebsonsecurity.com/all-about-skimmers/
It's no worse than rollin' chrome 30s on the Escalade wrapped in 35 series white walls.
Good to know if I'm ever in The Deep.
No, I don't think a comparison can be made, simply because Apple and their direct competitors are held to different standards. CR data shows that the iPhone 6 Plus is quite resistant to being bent in normal use, far more rigid than the HTC One m8, yet bendgate is about the iPhone, not the HTC. I don't think anyone denies the CR data, they just don't seem to care that the m8 is so bendy. Given this kind of systemic lopsided application of standards, Apple can never, ever...
I think there was pent-up demand for the 5.5" model at launch, but things have settled into the ratio that fits my idea as to how the US market would shake out, once non-line-waiting customers got around to making purchase decisions. The 5.5" is for phablet-crazy Asian markets.
The keyboards suck but it is a terrific eReader.
"Auxiliary Internet device"?Mobile Safari is the lion's share of mobile web traffic. If people are buying these oh so cheap devices, they aren't using them for Internet.
"I view it as a speed bump, not a huge issue" is exactly how I view the iPad Air 2 over the already excellent iPad Air I bought last year. My upgrade cycle is 2 years. My iPhone and iPad purchases fall on different years.