or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

"Noted analyst" Instead of "well-connected analyst"? Someone is moving up in the world
I read: unsustainable = unprofitable. As in negative profits, i.e., losses.I think it means they underestimated the cost of producing sapphire to Apple's specifications. When try realized what it would cost, under the terms of their original deal, they would not be able to make it work.This is just my speculation, of course. Maybe it will change when more information comes out.
It's probably more like: "I heard Google Wallet was like Apple Pay, if you have one of the newer Android phones with the near field chip. I never tried it though, I just thought it was another one of the 75 free programs that get installed by Samsung on their phones."
Ugh, no thanks. iTunes movie purchases involve less friction. The whole point of digital content (for me) is to eliminate the storage and space requirements of owning physical media. I haven't purchased a CD in many years thanks to iTunes. And my AppleTV doesn't even store any content--I can stream and watch my iTunes movie and TV purchases any time without having to think about "free disk space." It's just there and waiting for me to press play.
If it was grandfathered then they could have kept the NFC terminals without risking fines. Why do something so anti-consumer?
The cool thing about Whole Foods is that they know what Apple Pay is and even welcome it. The hemp sandal-wearing organic granola-eating cashiers are fully up to date on it.
You also don't want to be without device integration. At some point the cost of cloud storage will be subsidized by device sales. Cloud subscription prices will drop to zero, and only device makers can afford to offer 24/7 cloud services and perpetual storage for "free."In other words: Dropbox had their chance to join Apple but that option is closed.
How did CVS have NFC terminals active while also being under this exclusivity agreement? Something doesn't add up in this story.
Waiting for your competition to screw up is exactly Microsoft's default strategy. And it used to work.
The reviewer indicated that he already owned the Nexus 7. I think he was inclined to review the Nexus 9 favorably because the 7 was the basis of his tablet experience, not the iPad Air.