or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

So the FBI is pretending they can't access your iPhone data?
Yeah, all of our corporate HP laptops have the swipe-style fingerprint readers, as did my last ThinkPad. The authors like to say overly dramatic things like calling the normal Hollywood preproduction scouting of talent approached to make the Steve Jobs movie the sign of a "troubled" movie. Headlines like "beat Apple to the punch" are like carnival barkers promising the amazing two-headed woman for the price of a click.
Googs will just declare the AuthenTEC patents "standards essential" and get their buddies in Congress to seize the patents from Apple under the banner of "patent reform." And the haters will fall in line and demand it, because Googs does no evil.
How is it "troubled"?
Visionary and Visionarier
Yeah, it would be sufficient to simply allow sites to open only third party software, and block websites from launching the App Store app, which is usually the destination of web ads employing this kind of script.I saw one of the aggressively advertised "freemium" games launch the iOS App Store app to its page while browsing AppleInsider on my iPad. It was the one with Kate Upton.EDIT: I'm not the only one who noticed...
Then the cycle of quality begins again.
History suggest iOS 8 will be most stable on the eve of iOS 9's release. Summer 2015.
It's believed (and reported) that Apple was paying some licensing fee to Google to use the (ad free) API in the original, native YouTube apps on iOS and AppleTV. The license for that API has expired (Apple dropped the iOS YouTube app before the deal expired, but kept the native player in Apple TV), and Apple is apparently uninterested in renewing it (and/or revving the native YouTube app), so Google gets to monetize their content without Apple paying for it. Apple has...
Let them know, seriously. Bring back ad-free YouTube:https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html