or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

I bet when GeekBar takes family a photo, it also has "GeekBar GeekBar GeekBar" plastered all over it.
There's the pink unicorn.
Riiight. Sure. Except was running Windows on my PowerPC Mac back in the day, when I stilled cared about Windows.
200Mhz speed bump? I remember The Game of SKUs that Intel used to play, in the days before AMD Athlon whooped their asses: Intel would dish out these artificial 33Mhz or 66Mhz "speed bumps" when their chips were fully capable of jumping several such bumps each generation in order to squeeze the most money out of each generation. When AMD shattered Intel's speed ceiling by announcing--then selling--the first 1Ghz Athlon. Then Intel scrambled to match that speed (they...
"I'm right and you're wrong" seems to be an underlying theme...
It doesn't fool my ears.
Is it from the 5.5 inch? Because, that would make better headlines.
What is "harsh" about saying that you bury your head in the sand so that the coming storm will not cause alarm?An unsustainable business model will not keep those Wal-Mart-style bargains you cherish from continuing forever. Something's got to give.
So noted!
Steve Ballmer didn't survive a $900 million write-down of unsold Surfaces. The board would be crazy to let Bezos write-down $800 million and remain CEO for another year.