or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

Do you also correct Fandroids' incorrect or outdated ideas about how Apple products and services work with equal zeal?
When I saw the headline I expected Google to have user and demographic information available for advertisers to purchase. "For sale: list of adult male console gamers in English-speaking countries between 18-35 with a median income of $55K, unmarried and renting who like showing off the latest Android phones."
It's a watch, not a solid gold PC.
Every time Apple ditches legacy ports and peripherals, there's wailing and gnashing of teeth, but after a while, consumers come around. It's all about adaption. In any case, it's not the replacement for the Air or the MBP. It's an experiment to make the Mac more like an iPad. And I thought the Air was already pretty iPad-ish. It's nothing short of a rethink of the Ultrabook style computer: hyper-portable, cloud and wireless everything, legacy-free.
Techies who see the world as Moore's Law, cheap disposable plastic phones, and the almighty L33T specs. Consumers love Apple's stuff.
I was wondering why we hadn't heard that China was already selling these on the streets of Hong Kong last year. Guess they were.
Haven't you noticed dropping all the China-centric references in the last keynote? From the opening video of the Apple Store in China, to the inclusion of Chinese researchers in the ResearchKit video to the mention of WeChat in the Apple Watch demo?
Well I know which color iPhone Nicki Minaj is getting to go with her $10K 18K Rose Gold Apple Watch Edition.
You could argue that 35mm film cameras became obsolete because the expectations of the culture shifted to the instant convenience of digital photography. The same is happening to compact digital cameras, which are being decimated by smart phones with persistent high speed data connections, because Instagram and FaceBook have created the expectation of being able to instantly post our photos to social networks. Something we didn't imagine doing in 2007 when the first iPhone...
And they say government jobs don't pay well.