or Connect

Posts by Suddenly Newton

Lots of planets have trees and ice.
It definitely cheapened The Force into a mere medical condition. Unfortunately, it is canon. Of course, "Han shot first" is also canon, but it didn't stop Lucas from screwing with canon.
2. Another interpretation is that it's the New Republic Navy. The stormtrooper in the trailer is too young to be an Imperial remnant -- he probably wasn't born until after the Battle of Endor. Also, the stormtroopers' are sporting clean, upgraded battle armor, rather than something left over from the Empire.3. The term you're looking for is probably "handheld" or "steadycam" used to create a more documentary feel to a movie. As for the slick follow-cam that trails the...
As long as it is about The Force and not "midi-chlorians" we'll be fine.
It looks alright. Star Wars had an originally pulpy, retro feel, a good vs evil story archetype to the scifi themed flying cars and ray guns. I have faith that JJ Abrams kept the important elements things intact, so the end result feels like a "new classic" Star Wars movie, rather than Lost or Star Trek.
I never read those books, and I'm now glad I didn't. I'm sure you've already heard that Lucasfilm has relegated the entire Expanded Universe (including Zahn's books) to non-canon status. I wouldn't want to see the new films with those apocryphal novels in my head. I don't mean to imply they are badly written, as I know a lot of fans who like them. I am merely pointing out that it's hard to enjoy a film if you've read the book first, because of all the expectations and...
Everyone stop saying "crafted." The meme of the day is "bespoke"
 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
And do what with it? Apple doesn't want to own parts of its supply chain. I understand Apple buying strategic technology companies like NeXT, Anobit, Siri, AuthenTEC, and PrimeSense. But supply chain companies? When have they ever done that? The supply-chain business theoretically operates on leveraging economies of scale (and cheap labor). Running its own supply chain company--if it only served Apple--would drive up costs for Apple.
Larger size, yes. But I thought the reason Apple approached GTAT in the first place was because they had produced furnaces capable of making the larger boules, and GTAT wanted to sell these furnaces to Apple, but Apple didn't want to be a sapphire manufacturer, it wanted someone to supply them with the large sapphire boules (or finished sapphire cut from those boules). So it's supposed to be GTAT's furnaces that made the larger boules possible.